Talk

Advanced search

To ask what's the most cheeky thing you've ever encountered

(18 Posts)
Sarahh2014 Mon 23-Oct-17 13:40:03

Came home from work once to find strangers in my back garden along with a fallen tree and bricks..looked like a episode of fucking Groundforce or something apparently my neighbour didn't think I'd mind she was having work done and needed the extra space CF!

InvisibleKittenAttack Mon 23-Oct-17 13:40:54

Sorry what? Was the tree from their garden or yours?

Sarahh2014 Mon 23-Oct-17 13:41:48

Theirs! And it had smashed thru my washing line!

MrsOverTheRoad Mon 23-Oct-17 13:44:05

So did she get a proper tree surgeon or diy? Did it just smash your wall?

Are they paying to right it?

Sarahh2014 Mon 23-Oct-17 13:45:05

This was years ago I can't remember if d.i.y job it will always top my cf stories tho

MorrisZapp Mon 23-Oct-17 13:49:56

Gave my friend two extra tickets to a free event so her friends could come. She sold them (event was in demand), used the money to go for a meal, complained about the meal and got it free, and she told me all about it as an amusing story!

Shakey15000 Mon 23-Oct-17 13:55:23

@MorrisZap shock That's outrageous! Was your face a mixture of shock hmm and angry??

P.S. I remember you from a really old thread, nice to see you <doffs cap> not a stalker honest gov'ner

araiwa Mon 23-Oct-17 13:59:00

Someone asked me for a cigarette.

I only had 1 left, so said no

Cf told me i could go the shop and buy more. I asked why they couldnt do that too?

InvisibleKittenAttack Mon 23-Oct-17 14:05:31

I do always love a good CF thread, although I don't really have stories to share, I don't seem to attract them, perhaps I don't give off very welcoming vibes...

MorrisZapp Mon 23-Oct-17 14:08:03

Aw nice to see you too Shakey. My friend is actually really kind and sweet, with moments of outright cheeky fuckery smile I was more kind of 'okaaaaaay'

MyDobbygotgivenasock Mon 23-Oct-17 14:17:03

Absolutely not my story but I have nothing that tops Mexican house thief from a thread here.
It is my ultimate CF story that is the bar I use to measure others.

Birdsgottafly Mon 23-Oct-17 14:19:02

My neighbours used to call the Police to my address whenever they had any trouble (27 call outs in a short amount of time), so that it wouldn't be picked up by SS and that he lived there, but claimed separately. One of the family would stand in the doorway and direct them in, so at first i didn't realise. I was a CP SW (and a LP with three children,one disabled) and this was picked up by my Work.

He would also get car insurance quotes from mine, so they didn''t get found out and when i came back unexpectedly, he was always parked on my path.

Birdsgottafly Mon 23-Oct-17 14:22:52

My Dobby, has just reminded me of the time they used to regularly sit in my back garden to use my Internet. It turned out that one of them had got through my window and took a picture of my WiFi code.

I have no doubt that they would have moved in when i was out, if they could have.

Birdsgottafly Mon 23-Oct-17 14:25:32

Btw, they wasn't impoverished, they just thought that if it wasn't nailed down,it was there's.

I could fill a thread, but the older two children's Father lived in a house share and the whole family would stay in a tent in the garden when the children went to stay and eat/bathe/use the internet/electricity until the LL got a Court order.

woollyminded Mon 23-Oct-17 14:29:53

People who tell their mates that they are 'journalists' but are really fodder jockeys at hate fueling tabloids and go around pretending to be actual humans instead of doing some proper work.

ElsieMc Mon 23-Oct-17 14:40:37

Horrible courtyard neighbours who groomed their dog on my wall and then threw the clippings/old hair into my garden.

Who sat up against or on my wall drinking, smoking and shouting nearby my childrens windows as they were sleeping.

Who chained a dog up in a field adjacent to my home who howled all day and night, he was clearly terrified and cold.

Same neighbours who would not pay for a professional septic tank emptying service and used a local farmer with muck spreader who accidentally sprayed waste into my garden complete with toilet paper.

They then wrote to me asking me to trim my hedge back. What??

Sarahh2014 Mon 23-Oct-17 14:47:09

Oh and this is The same neighbour that asked us when we were going to cut our grass one day resulting in my EH not cutting it for 4 yrs but that says more about him I suppose

KH369 Mon 23-Oct-17 14:52:26

My old landlord was a massive CF! Before he bought my flat, it was owned by a family friend who gave us permission to redecorate. My landlord bought the flat with New York skyline feature wall, grey painted walls and bright red kitchen walls (looking back, not my finest choice!) Anyway, told them I was moving out - even found them a new tenant and was able to be out within the week - cleaned everything within an inch of it life and went on my way. Two weeks later got emailed an invoice for 'putting the flat back to original standards' so painting the walls magnolia, striping the wallpaper. CF he bought it looking like that and we even spoke about it for when I would eventually leave (1 bed second story flat with a new baby) he said not a problem I'll get full deposit back obviously unless there were major issues - which there weren't. I never got my deposit back and never paid the rest - just sent him an invoice for the tiles I had to get replaced in the kitchen that wasn't my fault but was a safety issue with my baby! They never emailed again after that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now