Talk

Advanced search

To ask what date the Universal Credit protest marches are?

(8 Posts)
barefoofdoctor Sun 22-Oct-17 16:04:49

As above. Does anyone have information on when they are taking place please? (will be attending the Manchester rally). Thanks in advance.

ScrumpyBetty Sun 22-Oct-17 16:07:05

I would like to know as I will be attending for sure.

Vitalogy Sun 22-Oct-17 16:26:24

Is it Manchester and London? I'm in the Midlands.

Awwlookatmybabyspider Sun 22-Oct-17 16:32:58

What's the point in marching and protesting. They've made up their minds. I guarantee nothing will change. They get off on the poor suffering. Always have done always will do. The ship has sailed, now
People knew UC was coming and yet these muppets got voted back in both in 2015 and 2017, and I'll bet my last £ they'll get in on the next election.

RangeTesKopeks Sun 22-Oct-17 16:53:54

I do think anyone who wants to go along should try and make it if they can. I'm not calling the Tories evil although a lot of their policies stink, but don't they say that the only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing?

QuestionableMouse Sun 22-Oct-17 16:54:56

Do you know if there's one in the north east? Mass protest can change things if enough of the population get involved.

RangeTesKopeks Sun 22-Oct-17 16:56:07

Hear hear Questionable

DJBaggySmallpox Sun 22-Oct-17 16:57:06

Although protests got rid of the poll tax, by a mysterious coincidence shortly after that, the Tories introduced VAT to gas and electricity.

Which is one why so many people die of cold each winter.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now