Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To want to smack the fucking thing right out of his hand?

(59 Posts)
MyTeethAreItchy Sun 22-Oct-17 12:18:41

not so ‘D’ MIL has given DS (5) a kazoo. I kid you not, a kazoo. WIBU to hide it in the garbage bin?
I’m slowly losing my sanity.

MrsOverTheRoad Sun 22-Oct-17 12:22:25

My friend did that to me! Bought his DD and my two DD's a kazoo each!

Bastard! grin

SuperStormborn Sun 22-Oct-17 12:23:01

grin Nearest bin and fast!!!

CockacidalManiac Sun 22-Oct-17 12:23:05

It’ll be a drum kit for Christmas

LinoleumBlownapart Sun 22-Oct-17 12:25:28

I'll swap your kazoo with the fucking accordion that my mil blessed us with, or recordian as my now 5 year old calls it.

Ellybellyboo Sun 22-Oct-17 12:25:29

My Dad once bought my DDs mouth organs

I thought I was going to lose my mind

Hidingtonothing Sun 22-Oct-17 12:25:40

It’ll be a drum kit for Christmas

And won't it be lovely for DC to have toys they can keep at MIL's so they have something to play with while they're there? grin

FrancesHaHa Sun 22-Oct-17 12:27:32

Recorder came home with 6 year old this week. Just in time for half term. . .

JacquesHammer Sun 22-Oct-17 12:29:32

Random fact.

When I started prep school aged 9 a kazoo was on the "required equipment" list grin

madcatwoman61 Sun 22-Oct-17 12:31:18

Father Christmas once left my sister and I tin trumpets in our stockings 😁

CandleLit Sun 22-Oct-17 12:31:54

They're quote brittle. Could you 'accidentally' step on it? Or put it in the path of DP to step on?

youarenotkiddingme Sun 22-Oct-17 12:32:37

This is when teaching them the lesson "of you leave things on the floor they will get trodden on" comes in useful!

Kazoos break really easily btw wink

youarenotkiddingme Sun 22-Oct-17 12:33:13

Hah ha candle evil x posts wink

FadedRed Sun 22-Oct-17 12:35:25

Wait until DCis asleep tonight, then fill the interior of the kazoo with clear glue. When DC tries to play it tomorrow, it will not work, tell DC "Oh dear, the battery must be dead and you can't replace them." sad.
Sorted.

DJBaggySmallpox Sun 22-Oct-17 12:46:35

What did you do to annoy her that much?

Vanillamanilla1 Sun 22-Oct-17 12:47:54

<googles kazoo as ive no idea what one is >

TheMaddHugger Sun 22-Oct-17 12:49:42

www.youtube.com/watch?v=oau9gtG5Om8

dustarr73 Sun 22-Oct-17 12:52:52

My son had a Zingzillas guitar.The fucking thing never stopped.Would go off randomly.So it was put in the freezer,until it "broke"

Multidimensionalbeing Sun 22-Oct-17 12:53:37

A lot of my noisy toys as a child mysteriously disappeared or stopped making noise overnight

Wonderflonium Sun 22-Oct-17 12:58:22

A mate of mine split up from her daughter's dad. Her ex-MIL gave her a recorder when she was about four or five, specifically to be kept at mum's house. Not dad's. Not grandma's. Just mum.

What an inventive way to say "fuck you", I thought.

Allthewaves Sun 22-Oct-17 13:00:56

I have a rule that they can only play them in the garden - my neighbours prob are me lkl

sobeyondthehills Sun 22-Oct-17 13:02:49

Between my mother and one sister they have gifted my son a harmonica, a drum set, an accordion, a trumpet and a set of symbols I have no idea what I have done to piss them both off

VoluptuaSneezelips Sun 22-Oct-17 13:03:45

Ugh feel for you, I hated noisy toys when DD1 and DD2 were little, mine and DP's siblings seems to buy everyone possibly.
I would treat the kazoo the same way you would doing reading homework. Allow 10-15 minutes practice/playtime at a set time each day or on whatever set days work for you. No playing outside of practice times, the instrument is put away out of reach when not in use. It's a short enough time you can handle the irritating noise, you don't have to do anything horrible like hider or throw the kazoo away and your DS still gets to play it and importantly can tell your not so Dmil - win-win! Your kid will either get bored of it and stop wanting to play or eventually want to switch out for a proper instrument like a recorder or a uke in which case you have a routine already set up which makes it alot easier.

ILoveMillhousesDad Sun 22-Oct-17 13:05:12

I feel your pain. Someone bought dd a fucking mouth organ when she was about 3.

I hid it after about 3 days and found it again, years later when we were getting a new kitchen. It made me shudder and went straight in the bin.

Namechangetempissue Sun 22-Oct-17 13:05:34

Oh christ, not one of those fucking things created by satan
I feel for you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now