Talk

Advanced search

To say no supernatural ?

(20 Posts)
slingbat Sun 22-Oct-17 12:02:04

My husband wanted to watch supernatural this morning in the living room . I said he shouldn’t because we have three children all under 7 wandering in and out between the living room and dining room and it’s a scary programme . Now he’s huffing and saying it’s like a prison living here . Aibu or should he really leave it till some other time when the kids aren’t around ?

AtrociousCircumstance Sun 22-Oct-17 12:03:08

YANBU. He’s being a self-absorbed, childish idiot.

QuestionableMouse Sun 22-Oct-17 12:06:24

Some episodes are more scary than others. I'd be thrilled if anyone in my house wanted to watch Supernatural!

Yanbu to want him to be considerate though.

slingbat Sun 22-Oct-17 12:06:34

Thanks . I feel a bit harsh telling him what he can and can’t do but also feel that he should surely use his common sense and realise that it’s not appropriate!

Santawontbelong Sun 22-Oct-17 12:07:37

Sounds like a shed with a TV would be useful....

SlatternIsTrying Sun 22-Oct-17 12:09:55

I love Supernatural but I wouldn't have watched it until the kids were in bed.

DS is10 and has started to come down after being tucked in saying he can't sleep. I let him watch 10mins tv with me and then send him back up. On some of these occasions I have been watching supernatural but my hand is firmly on the pause button just in case.

deblet Sun 22-Oct-17 12:11:04

Love Supernatural but only just letting my 13 year old watch it as quite scary sometimes. However as I am working full time it is hard to get time to watch stuff so I understand why he might be annoyed. Take kids out for an hour and a half for a play and he does the same for you. Used to work in our house when we had little ones.

MsFortunaMajor Sun 22-Oct-17 12:14:43

The dvds are rated 15, so it certainly is not appropriate viewing for your children. He needs to give his head a wobble if he thinks it it suitable viewing for children.

slingbat Sun 22-Oct-17 12:15:04

I would have offered to take them out but I’m suffering horrendous SPD and can’t really walk very far . Plus we had plans to sort out the kids bedrooms today . He works 3pm - 11pm 6 days a week so it’s not like he never gets to watch it , he often does when the kids are at school .

DO3271 Sun 22-Oct-17 12:55:32

YANBU he could wait. Its not urgent is it? He was being selfish. Young children shouldn't be watching it. I watch it and some of it scares me.

SistersOfPercy Sun 22-Oct-17 13:05:38

Considering Deans most common phrase is "son of a bitch" it's probably not the best idea.

SaskiaRembrandtWasFramed Sun 22-Oct-17 13:18:45

'Considering Deans most common phrase is "son of a bitch" it's probably not the best idea.'

And the word 'dick' is bandied about a bit, definitely not for the under 7s. Saying that, I lurve Supernatural. Looking forward to the spin-off too.

Mrsyorkie Sun 22-Oct-17 15:24:24

Ooh what's supernatural about? I'm looking for a new series... sorry to change subject!

Aquamarine1029 Sun 22-Oct-17 15:33:17

He equates living with his wife and children to living in a "prison?" I'd tell this twat to leave if that's how he feels, and to be careful that the cell door doesn't knock him on his ass on the way out.

Wolfiefan Sun 22-Oct-17 15:34:47

I LOVE supernatural. My youngest is 7. Wouldn't watch it with her in the room. Some episodes are truly scary or dark and twisted.

picklemepopcorn Sun 22-Oct-17 15:35:31

Supernatural is great fun- but not for under 14s. Id worry that he doesn’t have the judgement to look after your DCs. What will he let them watch in the future?

Scoobygang7 Sun 22-Oct-17 15:38:00

Yanbu I love supernatural but I wouldn't watch it with my toddler in the room and probably not until he was a teenager. It's totally inappropriate tv for little ones.

Allesda Sun 22-Oct-17 15:38:56

I am 36 and couldn't watch it! Was traumatised by ghost stories in school aged about 6 or 7 and used to regularly appear next to my parents bed (in spooky fashion) to demand: "Are you sure there's no such thing as ghosts??"

If I say I've had a bad dream now my dad and brother ask if it's ghost related grin

Pandoraslastchance Sun 22-Oct-17 15:39:23

We are only just letting our 13yo watch supernatural.

He is acting like a twat.

Trailedanderror Sun 22-Oct-17 15:39:41

TV on in the day is only for extremis imo- illness, snowed in, big live events.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now