Talk

Advanced search

To think I'm not being ungrateful?

(34 Posts)
StaySexyDontGetMurdered Sat 21-Oct-17 18:35:06

I've just come in from work to find DH has cooked dinner. All very nice so far, until he said I'm having a curry with cheesy chips confused
I'm specific about food so can't tell if it's just me or is this a really weird combination? There's no rice to go with the curry, just cheesy chips.

PrincessPlod Sat 21-Oct-17 18:36:41

That’s a very odd combo 🤢

PurpleGrapePip Sat 21-Oct-17 18:36:43

I think it sounds delicious grin but if you don't want it then you don't want it.

NoKidsTwoCats Sat 21-Oct-17 18:37:20

envyenvyenvy

Yanbu. Wtf?!

CountDuckulaTheSqueaky Sat 21-Oct-17 18:37:25

That's a bit weird. 😷

Palegreenstars Sat 21-Oct-17 18:38:00

Honestly that's my kids no of dinner - although rice and cheese on the curry is even better blush

PurpleDaisies Sat 21-Oct-17 18:38:42

Curry and cheesy chips is fine with me. Paneer is a totally normal thing to have in a curry. Cheddar isn't that much of a stretch. I love cheese and lime pickle toasties.

SP00KYLilBucket1 Sat 21-Oct-17 18:38:54

I'm in the same boat as you. Just got back from shopping and DH told me he'd been 'slaving' over the oven making a good dinner for the family. He made beans on toast! Thought he was Gordon Ramsay😂

TheMasterNotMargarita Sat 21-Oct-17 18:39:28

That's not normal.
Curry = yum.
Curry and chips = not ok but would eat at a push.
Curry and cheesy chips = two separate meals which should not ever be on the same plate. Curry, rice, naan...why mess with a winning combination?!

GetYourRosariesOffMyOvaries Sat 21-Oct-17 18:39:31

I think it sounds nice but I don't think ungrateful is the right word unless it was some romantic gesture?

antimatter Sat 21-Oct-17 18:39:38

started to cook some rice would take you less time than waiting for responses to this thread

are you not allowed to do it?

Memememeandyou Sat 21-Oct-17 18:40:23

That’s my kind of meal! Although I’m on a diet so wouldn’t be happy in that respect.

chitofftheshovel Sat 21-Oct-17 18:40:28

It's an odd combo but I'd probably eat it whilst laughing at him that he could possibly think it works.

But then. Did it work?

gamerwidow Sat 21-Oct-17 18:42:23

It is a bit weird but it would be ungrateful to complain. Imagine if it was the other way round and you’d cooked a dinner for your partner and they came in and moaned about it instead of saying thanks.
Just leave the cheese off the chips if you are that bothered.

Ellendegeneres Sat 21-Oct-17 18:48:28

Yanbu. I'd send him to the nearest shop for microwave rice. And popadoms. And chutney. Mmmm

Topseyt Sat 21-Oct-17 18:57:25

Not a combination I would have thought of, but I could and would eat it.

Nocabbageinmyeye Sat 21-Oct-17 18:59:52

Yabu! Curry cheese chip is a thing, it's sold it all the chip shops here and is lush!!!

StaySexyDontGetMurdered Sat 21-Oct-17 19:01:03

It was ready for the second I walked in the door, which is another issue for me but I can appreciate that's just me!
And it was a m&s ready meal so no cooking involved.
I'm probably being a bit ungrateful really, it was just disappointing after a long.

MusicToMyEars800 Sat 21-Oct-17 19:03:08

It might seem like a weird combo, but it actually works really well, I love it grin

HolyShmoly Sat 21-Oct-17 19:05:56

Curry cheesy chips is a favourite drunk food for me. Yum.

Bubblysqueak Sat 21-Oct-17 19:18:27

Oooo sounds good to me. Does he deliver ?

InvisibleKittenAttack Sat 21-Oct-17 19:32:47

Sounds grim. Do you normally eat that sort of shit as a couple? Always find if odd when couples have completely different approaches to food.

StaySexyDontGetMurdered Sat 21-Oct-17 20:48:02

It was grim. He knows I'm particular about food combinations as I've been like it since we first met.

I'm over it now but it seems as if the combo is more common than I thought! You bunch of dirty mingers grin

Bubblebubblepop Sat 21-Oct-17 20:48:46

That's hangover food-if I had a hangover I'd be all over it

Tilapia Sat 21-Oct-17 20:52:29

It wouldn’t be a combo I would choose... but if you moaned about it then, yes, you were ungrateful. Unless he already knows you don’t like it and cooked it anyway.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: