Talk

Advanced search

Not to understand the difference between bb and cc cream?

(18 Posts)
arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh Sat 21-Oct-17 14:00:25

Posting here for traffic sorry.

I've got combination skin (oily and dry) that's 40.

Also get rosacea and acne from time to time.

A few people have told me I should use cc rather bb.

I've tried a few of both but haven't found any with good coverage that I like.

I don't live ever remotely near anywhere where I can try different ones on so have to buy online and while I don't mind paying top dollar for a good one am nervous without trying first!

HarrietKettleWasHere Sat 21-Oct-17 14:09:05

You could try this OP. It is a BB cream It's Korean (like nearly all of my products as they do fab skin care) and it's brilliant for coverage and lovely to use. They ship to the UK through eBay and sometimes Amazon has it too.

I also use Wilko primer (£3) underneath which seems to matte out the pores a little.

The Garnier BB cream is also quite good but not as good as Missha.

arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh Sat 21-Oct-17 14:11:44

Oooo thanks. Found it on Amazon reduced from $22 to $10! grin

HarrietKettleWasHere Sat 21-Oct-17 14:12:35

Thanks- mine is due to run out soon so I'll grab one too grin

arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh Sat 21-Oct-17 14:14:34

Is 23 a good colour for someone middly tanned? Although I'll be getting progressively paler quickly ha.

HarrietKettleWasHere Sat 21-Oct-17 14:16:55

I think it should be! This guide might help.

PicklingGherkins Sat 21-Oct-17 14:19:48

Another missha fan here!! Nothing else I’ve tried compares (no 13 as I’m super pale)

SpecialAgentDaleCooper Sat 21-Oct-17 14:22:26

So what it the difference between a BB and CC cream? I'm still none the wiser confused

At the moment I use a tinted moisturiser (did use No.7 but now Bare Minerals) but think I need more coverage without going down the heavy foundation look.

confusedlittleone Sat 21-Oct-17 14:24:09

Cc is more geared towards colour correcting and BB is just light foundation

confusedlittleone Sat 21-Oct-17 14:25:20

And DD cream is a mixture of the 2 but normally a little lighter then BB

arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh Sat 21-Oct-17 14:26:21

Thanks for pic!

Yes special same here. I need something covering but nobody where I live wears foundation even on nights out and you stand out like a sore thumb if you do. I'm getting used to it and actually shocked at the amount of make up I'd wear in my clubbing days in the UK. grin

Calvinlookingforhobbs Sat 21-Oct-17 14:26:33

BB is tinted moisturiser.

CC is colour corrector. You will most likely need foundation on top.

arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh Sat 21-Oct-17 14:27:02

Ooooh although I could do with colour correcting. Most things make me look sludgy and grey.

arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh Sat 21-Oct-17 14:27:45

All is now clear. Can't be arsed with primer, cc cream and foundation. Bb it is!

SpecialAgentDaleCooper Sat 21-Oct-17 14:27:51

ah OK, thank you.

I just had a look at this Missha one on Amazon but have been put off by the ingredients and the 1* comments saying there are a lot of fake ones on there.

malika54 Sat 21-Oct-17 14:29:34

I'm a huge fan of erborian's bb cream. Cover but discreet. I find cc cream too thick and it looks worse than foundation, which I'm not a fan of.

HarrietKettleWasHere Sat 21-Oct-17 14:33:09

Wellbeing24koruk is definately a legitimate Amazon seller- they are based in Seoul and ship out from there.

HolyShet Sat 21-Oct-17 14:35:39

BB is blemish balm
I find the coverage is more than tinted moisturiser
Currently using, glamourously, Boots 17. Cheap as chips but good match for my skin tone, quite nice texture, not at all drying as some I'e tried are.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now