Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to want a Bluetooth speaker

(15 Posts)
mailfuckoff Sat 21-Oct-17 13:44:06

I want a sonus as I hear they are fantastic quality. I listen to Apple music through my phone at home and thought the quality of sound would be better. But at 200 pounds it's far too expensive for a toy for me. what do I need that I can listen to my music with that won't break the bank?

Pouffealouffe Sat 21-Oct-17 13:51:42

I have this and it's really good! And so small that you can take it on holiday :-) https://www.amazon.co.uk/JBL-Rechargeable-Integrated-Compatible-Smartphones/dp/B00MA4PNEW

LivingInMidnight Sat 21-Oct-17 13:53:47

Just buy a cheaper speaker then? Anker make great speakers and have brilliant customer service.

BahHumbygge Sat 21-Oct-17 14:00:30

This Anker speaker is really good, great amazon reviews and excellent value for money in terms of quality.

Anker

BulletFox Sat 21-Oct-17 14:02:07

Not at all, I want one too! I liked the look of the castle cd/dab/bluetooth on amazon

19lottie82 Sat 21-Oct-17 14:09:50

I recently bought one of these as the kids keep stealing our bose soundnote and was actually amazed at how good the quality is, I struggle to tell the difference between the two.

m.banggood.com/Original-Xiaomi-Square-Box-1200mAh-AUX-Line-in-Hands-free-Wireless-Bluetooth-V4_2-Speaker-With-Mic-p-1139570.html

It’s a Chinese site but you are totally protected if anything goes wrong, and Xiaomi is a huge brand so you really don’t have anything to worry about there. Postage took about 10 days if I remember correctly.

DianaT1969 Sat 21-Oct-17 14:11:15

I wanted the Sonos one but couldn't afford it. Bought this instead for £60 and I'm very happy with it.
http://www.argos.co.uk/product/5495287
It lives in the hall and I can hear it wherever I am in the house.

DancingHouse Sat 21-Oct-17 16:34:29

Ueboom. Then you can get several and they all link up to make one big sound system. We've got 3 around the house.

mailfuckoff Sat 21-Oct-17 17:31:33

Great thanks for the recommendations, this is what I needed - cheaper alternatives that will sound as good

Moanyoldcow Sat 21-Oct-17 17:34:52

We've got an Anker and it's great - about £40 on Amazon.

InappropriateGavels Sat 21-Oct-17 17:37:36

I bought a Samsung Soundbar to pair with my TV (also Samsung) and it has the added benefit that it's Bluetooth so it will pair with our laptops and phones. I bought it in a John Lewis sale around Christmas so it was just under £100 - it's great. It's nice to be able to put on music and hear it properly as well as get proper sound out of the TV.

One bit of advice - never put a bluetooth speaker next to a wireless router. They tend to work on the same frequency so they can interfere with each other and you might get crackling as well as the sound cutting out.

MotherOfBeagles Sat 21-Oct-17 17:37:54

My step dad has a really expensive bose one i have a cheap as chips taotronics one. Mine has better speakers, easier to work and longer battery life. I think with things like this expensive is not always better - with getting on Amazon and reading reviews.

Myview2 Sat 21-Oct-17 17:46:36

Save up and get a Sonos, they are fabulous. I got some Amazon vouchers for birthdays and Christmas which paid for a big chunk of it and my hubby did the same so we now have two, one upstairs and one downstairs-love them!

agentdaisy Sat 21-Oct-17 18:16:11

I got a soundmine Bluetooth speaker from Asda, I think it was about £10 and it's fab. It's loud enough to listen to music in the house while I'm cooking/cleaning etc.

You can get others from £40 in Currys that allows you to pair several speakers so can have them throughout the house.

Marmite27 Sat 21-Oct-17 18:19:23

We have the anker one too, and it really is very good

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now