Talk

Advanced search

To think I m cursed as everything seems to be breaking at the same time ( light hearted )

(4 Posts)
Lilly11a Sat 21-Oct-17 09:44:41

This is what I have had to repair/ replace in the last 3 months

- mobile phone screen ( tiny chip in corner from a year ago suddenly stopped phone working)
- 3 new tyres as they had punctures for mot
- toaster which tripped breaker when it died
- laptop after only half the keyboard seemed to work
- main tv in front room after old one randomly turn on and off
- dishwasher leaked from the bottom
- oven has just completely died last night ( luckily had been on long enough to cook everything ). It's not the fuse .

I also failed my last exam by 2% so I need to pay 230 to retake that.

Wibu to contact a witch doctor / priest/ ghost busters to try and clear this run of bad luck?

splendidisolation Sat 21-Oct-17 09:46:34

Cursed?

Or do you have an old nemesis who's back on the scene?

(Spooky laugh)

SpecialAgentDaleCooper Sat 21-Oct-17 09:48:38

Don't forget that these things have also happened pre-Christmas, an expensive time of the year where spare cash is sparse!

I only mention that as if our appliances go wrong they always do it in 3's in the run-up to Christmas or, one memorable year where the fridge freezer broke down Boxing Day when we had guests for Christmas! That was fun! wink

Acopyofacopy Sat 21-Oct-17 09:52:09

It does feel like a curse - I remember the month where I had 3 tyre punctures in a row...

There might come a time, though, where you gain magical powers (like me!). For the last 2 days all street lighting switched off as I passed in the morning.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now