Talk

Advanced search

To think I m cursed as everything seems to be breaking at the same time ( light hearted )

(4 Posts)
Lilly11a Sat 21-Oct-17 09:44:41

This is what I have had to repair/ replace in the last 3 months

- mobile phone screen ( tiny chip in corner from a year ago suddenly stopped phone working)
- 3 new tyres as they had punctures for mot
- toaster which tripped breaker when it died
- laptop after only half the keyboard seemed to work
- main tv in front room after old one randomly turn on and off
- dishwasher leaked from the bottom
- oven has just completely died last night ( luckily had been on long enough to cook everything ). It's not the fuse .

I also failed my last exam by 2% so I need to pay 230 to retake that.

Wibu to contact a witch doctor / priest/ ghost busters to try and clear this run of bad luck?

splendidisolation Sat 21-Oct-17 09:46:34

Cursed?

Or do you have an old nemesis who's back on the scene?

(Spooky laugh)

SpecialAgentDaleCooper Sat 21-Oct-17 09:48:38

Don't forget that these things have also happened pre-Christmas, an expensive time of the year where spare cash is sparse!

I only mention that as if our appliances go wrong they always do it in 3's in the run-up to Christmas or, one memorable year where the fridge freezer broke down Boxing Day when we had guests for Christmas! That was fun! wink

Acopyofacopy Sat 21-Oct-17 09:52:09

It does feel like a curse - I remember the month where I had 3 tyre punctures in a row...

There might come a time, though, where you gain magical powers (like me!). For the last 2 days all street lighting switched off as I passed in the morning.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: