Talk

Advanced search

Random pesto posting for traffic!

(13 Posts)
Wellfuckmeinbothears Fri 20-Oct-17 19:34:16

I’m pregnant and literally want to eat pesto on everything. All the time. Toast, crackers, chocolate, granola, (to quote the young’uns) pesto is life. I have a DH who is sick of pesto and a pizza about the go in the oven that I cannot (will not) eat unless pesto is somehow involved. Can I just slather/dollop some pesto on my (two thirds) half or will it be a blackened blob that tastes vaguely of basil? Help me incorporate more pesto into my meal without inflicting it on DH who turns pesto green at the mere mention of yet more pesto...

AdaColeman Fri 20-Oct-17 19:39:08

Use it like a condiment, put a blob on your plate and dunk.
Then Pesto Hell won't be inflicted on your DH. wine

lurkingnotlurking Fri 20-Oct-17 19:44:49

I don't know... Pizzas sometimes have pesto cooked onto them. Have you tried red pesto, Op?

Wellfuckmeinbothears Fri 20-Oct-17 19:49:56

I have and it’s just not up there with the green. Condiment is a good call!

Areyoufree Fri 20-Oct-17 19:53:11

I ate it straight out of the jar in my last pregnancy. Haven't touched it since!

SavoyCabbage Fri 20-Oct-17 19:55:45

I put pesto on my pizza and I’m not mad for it. It won’t burn. It’s full of oil and cheese.

NannyR Fri 20-Oct-17 19:57:35

I mix pesto with olive oil and drizzle it on the pizza when it comes out of the oven.

MaidOfStars Fri 20-Oct-17 20:08:01

Pesto is fab in pizza!

Wellfuckmeinbothears Fri 20-Oct-17 20:25:21

Success! Eating almost an entire jar of pesto disguised as condiment for pizza, potatoes and now poppadoms...DH looking vaguely green but at least he doesn’t have to eat it!

liquidrevolution Fri 20-Oct-17 20:36:55

I had the same craving for a while when pregnant. M and s do a lovely pesto mayonnaise that hit the spot nicely and could be squirted on anything wink

Wellfuckmeinbothears Sat 21-Oct-17 10:42:33

Just been and bought the m&s pesto mayo and currently dipping toast in it, it’s loveky!

KoalaD Sat 21-Oct-17 10:44:25

Red pesto is the work of the devil.

Wtf are you doing eating jarred pesto, anyway, woman?? thlenvy (not envy). Make yourself a big batch of fresh - YUM.

RaininSummer Sat 21-Oct-17 10:45:34

I am not pregnant and love pesto. I make salad dressing by shaking up olive oil with the last scrapings of a jar. Its good on top of tuna steaks too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now