Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To not go back to work?

(10 Posts)
brasty Fri 20-Oct-17 12:17:58

I was at work yesterday, had a colonoscopy this morning with a sedative. I really do not want to go back to work this afternoon as I am so tired.
AIBU to just rest now?

GlitterGlue Fri 20-Oct-17 12:21:26

You really shouldn't be at work after a sedative. You should be resting with someone there to look after you.

SilverSpot Fri 20-Oct-17 12:22:41

Yeah don't go into work! You need to rest.

brasty Fri 20-Oct-17 12:29:09

Okay, I will stay at home smile

Butterymuffin Fri 20-Oct-17 12:29:47

Perfectly reasonable if you had a sedative.

GlitterGlue Fri 20-Oct-17 12:32:09

Please do take it easy. Some people find they can feel quite out of it later in the day after sedation so don't drive etc.

etap Fri 20-Oct-17 12:33:57

Obviously, just take it easy.

elmo1980 Fri 20-Oct-17 13:21:04

Blimey how did you spend yesterday at work if you had a colonoscopy today? When I had mine done I spent the entire day before on the loo after taking very strong gp prescribed laxatives as they need to have a clear path, so to speak.

Anyway not the point of the thread but yes definitely don't go to work this arvo.

brasty Fri 20-Oct-17 13:37:49

I took the medication at 7pm and 9pm. Spent the evening on the toilet, but no issue with going to work.

KityGlitr Fri 20-Oct-17 13:47:33

It's up to you and how you feel, and other factors like do you get sick pay and if not can you afford to take time off?

I had a laparoscopy and went back to work the following day, bloated and in a bit of pain but fine to work (was a sitting down all day job). Only later did I find out plenty of the women i worked with who'd had them done and women online often took a couple of weeks off afterwards to recover! I know everyone responds differently but if you're otherwise fit and healthy, there's no way the average person would need that long and it just seemed like a bit of taking advantage.

Listen to your body and if you are able to
take the time off without suffering for it in other ways go for it smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now