Talk

Advanced search

To take my DS to playgroup with a cough?

(12 Posts)
Polgaraisbloodylate Fri 20-Oct-17 08:25:21

He's happy and playful if a little bored. He almost certainly picked it up there.

Would I be a terrible person to take him?

Sandsnake Fri 20-Oct-17 08:34:46

I don't think you'd be a terrible person, but I wouldn't. Firstly, it would be better for the other children not to risk catching it (though I'm sure that there wil be loads of other germy kids there). Secondly (more selfishly!) if he's already a bit under the weather there's more chance of him picking another bug up and getting ill for the weekend...

Prusik Fri 20-Oct-17 08:37:10

I'm starting to get to the point where I'm frustrated by people being precious over minor coughs and colds. They'll get it in nursing and school anyway so i figure it's good for the immune system. That being said, I'm generally quite considerate. If it looks like it could be a bad cough I wouldn't. And if I was going with friends I'd text to see.if they minded

ferrier Fri 20-Oct-17 08:38:43

Depends if it's a new one or if he's had it a while and it's not shifting. If it's new it could be he's about to go down with something and quite infectious so I wouldn't then.

Caulk Fri 20-Oct-17 08:40:23

Depends how good he is at covering his mouth when he coughs

KarmaNoMore Fri 20-Oct-17 08:40:42

If he is going to be coughing over the other children and shared toys while he plays, yes, it is very disconsiderate even if your child picked up the bug there.

Aliveinwanderland Fri 20-Oct-17 08:42:13

If I didn’t take 11 month old DS our everytime he had a cough we would never go anywhere. He always has one, takes 2/3 weeks to go and then a week later he gets another.

Fekko Fri 20-Oct-17 08:43:19

You won't be popular with half term coming up!

GoodMorning1 Fri 20-Oct-17 08:45:21

Agree with Alive. We wouldn't have left the house for the six weeks if we didn't go out when my DD has a cough.

GoodMorning1 Fri 20-Oct-17 08:45:47

*last six weeks.

Sorry

AnonEvent Fri 20-Oct-17 08:52:18

Our nursery has a completely laissez faire approach to coughs and colds, and as a PP has mentioned if we didn't send DD to nursery with hers she'd have been off for six weeks.

If they're ill, i.e. fever, or D&V, or something like chicken pox, or if they're weak and feeble, I'd keep them home. If they're fine, just a bit snotty/coughy - meh - to nursery with you!

Polgaraisbloodylate Fri 20-Oct-17 08:53:24

That's the thing- doc said it could take a couple of weeks to shift. Can't stay in for two weeks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now