Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To retrain?

(5 Posts)
malificent7 Thu 19-Oct-17 18:33:52

More of a wwyd but here for traffic.
I trained as aTeacher but found it very tough and couldn't really cope.
Since having dd i have worked in education but mostly short term contracts in support role. The money has been shite and i really struggled last year to make ends meet.
I have now got a teaching job in FE but it is only 9 hours and is essentially a zero hour contract. It's not secure enough and although I top it up with care work, it's not enough money.

My dream is to retrain to be a radiographer... I have done work experience and lived it. I'm good at science and I am confident I'd do well. At the end of the course I'd have a well paid career.

The only thing stopping me is the funding which has been pulled. I can get a loan which didn't bother me but I'd be skint.

I don't mind being skint but I'm worried my do will bear the burden as he's about to move in ( rent)

I want to meet him halfway. He's very suportive no matter what I do but I don't want financial strain to break us.

Shall I follow my dreams or get an entry level job in admin or civil service and work my way up? My heart says retrain... my head says not practical.
But I want out of teaching and I want FT permanent.

malificent7 Thu 19-Oct-17 18:34:18

Loved it sorry

malificent7 Thu 19-Oct-17 18:34:49

Dp not do!!!

Jellycatspyjamas Thu 19-Oct-17 18:38:45

Retrain. If it's at all a possibility then go and do it. As hard as it might be now, it'll only get harder the older you get and the more other committments creep in.

chickenowner Thu 19-Oct-17 18:43:30

Retrain! It will be so worth it in the end.

(I'm another teacher who can't hack it anymore - part time supply teacher now).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now