Talk

Advanced search

Is Westfields shopping worth it

(27 Posts)
Pickledonion24 Thu 19-Oct-17 12:14:04

I often go to London for shopping normally oxford street harrods selfridges Covent Garden. Been offered to with a friend and her work on a coach to Stratford centre is it worth it will cost 15 return what are the shops like I said yes thinking they where going by train. I get travel sick sometimes

Pickledonion24 Thu 19-Oct-17 12:14:16

Just realised I posted in wrong topic

Crazy8 Thu 19-Oct-17 12:17:19

I wouldn't bother. All the same shops. It can get very crowded depending on when you visit.

JoJoSM2 Thu 19-Oct-17 12:19:11

It's got all he usual high street shops. Depends on whether you want to be in a massive shopping mall or in central London.

Misspollyhadadollie Thu 19-Oct-17 12:21:15

I don't really enjoy it too crowded for me

LemonysSnicket Thu 19-Oct-17 12:22:33

Not really , it’s just a normal shopping centre - better choice on Oxford Street or even Leeds is miles better

Neverender Thu 19-Oct-17 12:36:28

It’s just a massive version of any high street to be honest. If you want choice then yes, if you can’t be arsed to walk too far, no!

Moonbear10 Thu 19-Oct-17 12:45:51

Don't do it, save yourself! It's so busy and so stressful, shops are pretty much the same as everywhere else too.

LadyPenelopeCantDance Thu 19-Oct-17 13:40:57

Same shops but I quite like that it is all indoors. Nothing worse than lugging lots of shopping bags in the cold and rain!

PointlessUsername Thu 19-Oct-17 13:45:07

I dont like Westfields much.

I prefer Brent cross.

Tryingtokeepfit Thu 19-Oct-17 13:49:49

It's just a huge shopping centre. It is flashyer and has all the designer shops aswell as high street. I prefer to shop at Westfield's than Oxford street as it's all under one roof.

Ankleswingers Thu 19-Oct-17 13:52:58

Horrible place. We avoid.

hibbledobble Thu 19-Oct-17 13:57:14

It's hell on earth. So crowded you can barely move and full of people behaving in an antisocial/criminal manner.

ISpeakJive Thu 19-Oct-17 14:01:35

Have been to Westfield’s Stratford lots of times and I hate it. I only go there for an emergency purchase (live very close) and I regret it every bloody time.
Just a little warning; DO NOT attempt to visit next week as it’s half term and it’s literally hell on Earth!

LurkingQuietly Thu 19-Oct-17 14:24:57

Nope, don't do it. It's so horribly busy. All. The. Time. I much prefer lakeside or Bluewater during the week. Occasionally Brent Cross too. Or a nice high street with shopping centre like Kingston.

MarmaladeIsMyJam Thu 19-Oct-17 14:30:15

Awful place! Why do you need to get a coach? Surely if you're going to London you just hop on the tube? It's only a few stops.

MarmaladeIsMyJam Thu 19-Oct-17 14:31:36

Isn't there quite a bit of trouble there anyway? With teens and stuff?

AtLeastThreeDrinks Thu 19-Oct-17 14:53:25

As everyone's said, it's always way too crowded –I've ditched clothes in queues before as the wait was ridiculous. I actually popped in there just before Halloween last year and left immediately, full of rage. WHY must everyone walk so slowly and about 15 abreast?!

Also, I really dislike the layout. There are three floors, so if you enter at one end and walk to the other on each floor, you finish at the opposite end to where you started/want to be to exit. Much prefer Bluewater where you go in a circle!

Hillarious Thu 19-Oct-17 15:04:13

Our work's Christmas shopping trip a few years ago was advertised as a trip to London. Was sooooo disappointed to have to spend a whole day there. It really was tedious and busy and had nothing you couldn't get anywhere else. Best place was M&S - hardly anyone was in there, so we went in for some peace and quiet.

AtHomeDadGlos Thu 19-Oct-17 15:04:49

Do it all online

Lottapianos Thu 19-Oct-17 15:07:18

Only bearable if you can make it in before 1pm on a weekday, or immediately after opening on a weekend. As another poster said, avoid like the plague in school holidays or weekend day times.

Westfield White City on the other side of town is much less crowded and a more pleasant experience all round

Floralnomad Thu 19-Oct-17 15:11:32

I prefer the Westfield at Shepherds Bush , it never seems anywhere near as busy as Stratford and the parking is superb . Personally I can't imagine ever going on a coach trip to shop .

Pickledonion24 Thu 19-Oct-17 16:33:39

We can’t just hop on the tube live and hour away

Floralnomad Thu 19-Oct-17 16:49:07

I don't understand your last post OP but if it was aimed at me , I don't live anywhere near a tube , that's why I mentioned the lovely car park .

I live equal travel time from both and wouldnchose the west end every time...I was actually in there when I read your post and immediately thought "god no, go to the west end!"

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now