Talk

Advanced search

.. to want to work from home?

(7 Posts)
crazycatlady5 Wed 18-Oct-17 12:47:55

Shamelessly posting for traffic!!

Any virtual assistants out there? Or anyone with a direct sales franchise? I’m keen to try to make either work but worried about the risks.

DD will be one in January and it’s so hard to find a part time job confused

buckeejit Wed 18-Oct-17 12:49:21

Wfh sucks. Although I plan to leave my PT job soon to child mind so maybe dont listen to me!

KatyaZamolodchikova Wed 18-Oct-17 12:54:24

I am WFH today. I have had to cave in and put the heating on as it’s brutally cold.

I also forgot to get lunchy bits as I usually pop out at work, so I have no clue what’s for lunch.

I prefer working in the office —and so does my heating bill— but the car is in the garage today so home working it is.

gentlydoesit89 Wed 18-Oct-17 12:58:15

I'm wfh today too. It's nice as an idea and I get a lot more done, but as a single parent by 7pm tonight I'll have cabin fever and crave adult company. Couldn't do it everyday!

crazycatlady5 Wed 18-Oct-17 13:03:40

Don’t get me wrong the ideal would be to get a 3 day a week job but they seem very few and far between, starting to panic!

OllyBJolly Wed 18-Oct-17 13:07:45

I WFH when DCs were young. The only benefit in childcare terms was lack of commute. I still had to pay for childcare as I couldn't WFH with children in the house. (Boss wouldn't have bothered but I couldn't have done the job and looked after DCs)

ZigZagIntoTheBlue Wed 18-Oct-17 13:18:50

I work mostly from home and I'm struggling - no colleagues, a demanding toddler in the day, sit down to start my paid work at 8-9pm so very little downtime and going out for an evening wrecks my schedule!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now