Talk

Advanced search

... to be miffed that dh used the sink to vomit in rather than the toilet

(113 Posts)
hmcAsWas Wed 18-Oct-17 12:02:00

Dh was taken ill in the night - possibly food poisoning, needed to vomit twice.

Don't get me wrong I was sympathetic at the time and this morning told him not to worry I'd bleach the loo, give the toilet a wipe down with antiseptic etc ..... but then he tells me the sink might need the same treatment because the first time he was sick he used the sink.

Why would you do that? When there is a perfectly good toilet? Stupid - right?

LBOCS2 Wed 18-Oct-17 12:02:40

Depends if it’s only coming from one end, if you see what I mean...

AndrewJames Wed 18-Oct-17 12:03:24

When you are throwing up in the middle of the night you don't consider your options. you just do your best.
Any real need to be so unsympathetic and nasty?

AnchorDownDeepBreath Wed 18-Oct-17 12:03:52

I can’t be sick into a toilet. I always puke in the sink. I have no idea why. Something about the water; I think.

Misspollyhadadollie Wed 18-Oct-17 12:04:31

Tbh when I had food positioning I vomited all over my bed as it literally came up with no warning. There wasn't time. So yabu

MuseumOfCurry Wed 18-Oct-17 12:04:54

I'd probably give him a wide berth. Poor guy. Food poisoning is hideous.

hmcAsWas Wed 18-Oct-17 12:05:12

Only coming from one end - i.e. vomiting only.

I've always managed to avoid using the sink and I am not unusually talented

PsychoPumpkin Wed 18-Oct-17 12:05:47

Yeah, if it’s coming from both ends, it’s gotta go somewhere. Better the sink than the floor.

My toilet is in a room without a sink so I have those cardboard kidney shaped dishes stashed on the windowsill just in case this ever happens.

Finola1step Wed 18-Oct-17 12:06:34

As you've asked then yes, YABU.

PsychoPumpkin Wed 18-Oct-17 12:07:17

But I’m all honesty if it was just sick I’d rather it went into the toilet than the sink.

thecolonelbumminganugget Wed 18-Oct-17 12:07:30

Yeah, agree with others that there's often not time to think about where you're aiming it, plus last time i had food poisoning I had to make sure I had adequate coverage at both ends simultaneously, thus the poor sink copped for it.

Rejectedwoman Wed 18-Oct-17 12:07:32

Hate being sick into a toilet. The thought of my mouth being so near where people wee and poo.

DressedCrab Wed 18-Oct-17 12:07:44

Why are you cleaning up his mess?

hmcAsWas Wed 18-Oct-17 12:07:51

"I have those cardboard kidney shaped dishes stashed on the windowsill just in case this ever happens."

That's impressive forward planning PyschoPumpkin

DeadGood Wed 18-Oct-17 12:07:54

YANBU OP. If it was a timing thing - he genuinely couldn't get to the lop fast enough - then fair enough. Otherwise, gross. Toilets are designed to flush away solid waste. Sinks aren't.

danTDM Wed 18-Oct-17 12:10:27

FGS just throw a bit of bleach down the sink.
YABU

IHopeYourCakeIsShit Wed 18-Oct-17 12:10:38

why are you cleaning up his mess
Maybe he's still ill hmm
I think you are being a bit harsh Op.

hmcAsWas Wed 18-Oct-17 12:11:20

DressedCrab - dunno, must be because I am unsympathetic and nasty as AndrewJames suggested hmm

Actually because dh is a bit of a workaholic and insisted on going to work bright and early as usual this morning. So it was a timing thing

PolarBearGoingSomewhere Wed 18-Oct-17 12:11:24

DressedCrab he has a bug or food poisoning - surely it's the kind thing to do?! We help each other out when we're ill as I'm sure OP and her DH do.

YANBU to be irked about sink usage rather than loo - my DH does this sometimes but when he is sick it is very violently sick so needs must. It pisses me off when he's drunk but when it's a bug it's a different matter. Poor bloke, hope you don't get it envy

hmcAsWas Wed 18-Oct-17 12:12:01

DeadGood - my thinking exactly

kaytee87 Wed 18-Oct-17 12:13:58

I’m nearly always sick in the sink. Hate being sick in the toilet for some reason. I always clean it up myself though.

FreeMeNow Wed 18-Oct-17 12:14:40

Hate being sick into a toilet. The thought of my mouth being so near where people wee and poo

Yep I'm the same I can't put my head in the toilet sad yuk. Though last week ds2 had a tummy bug, he ran upstairs to throw up, which he did but didn't lift up the lid confused

Bonelessbanquet Wed 18-Oct-17 12:15:00

I have to be sick in the sink, aiming for the loo never works and ends up all over the sides/tiles. Also makes me feel worse bending towards it.

MovingOnUpMovingOnOut Wed 18-Oct-17 12:15:50

If he's well enough for work, he's well enough to clean up after himself.

Yuk.

Migraleve Wed 18-Oct-17 12:17:27

I did this once. I have absolutely no idea why, but when you are just about to throw up the last thing you are capable of is rational thought concerning the clean up afterwards.

YABU OP

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: