Talk

Advanced search

To ask if anyone uses the Shein website and can advise on sizing?

(15 Posts)
toooldforthisshirt37 Wed 18-Oct-17 08:56:11

My daughter is really keen on some of the slogan sweatshirts on the Shein website but she is a size 6/8 (I know, I wish!)

Would their small size drown her? She struggles to find "grown up" clothes in her size, she is just 5 foot tall.

MaidOfStars Wed 18-Oct-17 09:11:38

She struggles to find "grown up" clothes in her size
Plenty of 6s and 8s in high street shops!

Joinourclub Wed 18-Oct-17 09:12:42

I've heard bad things about Shein. Look on trust pilot.

MaidOfStars Wed 18-Oct-17 09:13:15

(Sorry, no help about the website, other than there's a size guide for each item).

MrsPeacockDidIt Wed 18-Oct-17 09:15:09

I've bought a few things on there and the sizing came up small. The quality of the clothes is not great and the returns is a real hassle as you have to ring them to organise it, then the money gets refunded to your shein account which you then have to login and transfer. I kept one top out of around 10.

toooldforthisshirt37 Wed 18-Oct-17 09:27:44

Thanks folks. I will have a think about whether I should use Shein. I knew Mumsnet wouldn't let me down!

MaidOfStars, perhaps I should have mentioned she is 13 and a lot of the "grown up" clothes on the high street aren't suitable for a girl that age for the very reason that they are too "grown up" blush We spent six full weekends on the high street trying to find an outfit for a wedding in June, the dresses in her size where either babyish and for much younger girls or left her half naked with dropped or cold shoulders, bare midriff or completely backless!

Maybe I should ask for recommendations for shops that stock things she might be keen to wear but won't give me and her Dad a heart attack!

KenAdams Wed 18-Oct-17 09:29:24

Their quality is horrendous. Loads of places do petite 6s and 8s.

StepAwayFromCake Wed 18-Oct-17 09:42:24

I don't know about Shein, but I understand the difficulty of finding clothes for a size 6/8 teen who has not yet developed an adult figure. Particularly when things that fit on the shoulders are too big in the bust, or things that fit on the hips are too small in the waist. When I was dd's age you could still get 'Miss' sizing, which was aimed at precisely this issue.

Dd finds that tops in the largest size of Lands End girls' range fit well, and stretchy bottoms in the smallest size of their women's range also fit her, but not the structured trousers. Your dd is shorter than mine, so the girls' range might still fit. Although some of it is of course very young, they also have stuff that my teen likes.

toooldforthisshirt37 Wed 18-Oct-17 09:53:52

StepAway that is my problem exactly, she hasn't developed an adult figure yet, but wants to dress more like a grown up! Good to know I am not alone!

I will check out Land's End and see if there are things there she likes. Thanks for the recommendation!

Caulk Wed 18-Oct-17 09:55:58

I’ve only had bad experiences of Shein.

This might not work for you/her but my friends daughter leant to sew at 13 because there wasn’t clothes she wanted or liked that fitted her.

MaidOfStars Wed 18-Oct-17 15:07:48

If I don't want want 'adult' clothes (so basic jumpers, skirts, T-shirts), I shop in kids' sections grin

Mulberry72 Wed 18-Oct-17 15:59:36

I’ve had a couple of bits and from Shein this year, mostly tshirts and summer tops plus two sweatshirts. The sweatshirts are ok quality for what you pay. The size guides are in cm so I just convert to inches and the sizes have been spot on (I’m a 10)

SurferRona Wed 18-Oct-17 17:20:30

Yup, also agree comes up small and quality just appalling. One wear only, not so cheap after all!

toriatoriatoria Wed 18-Oct-17 17:28:18

I bought some bits from there... The quality was terrible and I ended up sending it all back. There is a sizing chart on each item... The sizing was really really on the small side.

toriatoriatoria Wed 18-Oct-17 17:28:20

I bought some bits from there... The quality was terrible and I ended up sending it all back. There is a sizing chart on each item... The sizing was really really on the small side.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now