Talk

Advanced search

to think that I may be ill? TMI included re poo

(13 Posts)
TiesThatBindMe Tue 17-Oct-17 22:46:24

So earlier today I had pain in my upper abdomen. It has now moved down to lower back and right lower quadrant. It's taking my breath away at times. Occasional stabs in upper left quadrant (sorry to sound like a twat). I am sweating and breathing weirdly (shallow breaths maybe). I've had a couple of bowel movements (which were gooey? or jelly-like). To be honest it feels like labour (I'm not pregnant). Next GP appointment in about 2 weeks if I'm lucky. Paracetamol not really hitting the pain. Any ideas?

JaneEyre70 Tue 17-Oct-17 22:48:06

111. Could be your appendix.

TiesThatBindMe Tue 17-Oct-17 22:48:13

Oh and I took my bp it's 129 over 98.

LuluJakey1 Tue 17-Oct-17 22:49:55

Call 111. Spunds like gall bladder problem or pancreatitis.

BrutusMcDogface Tue 17-Oct-17 22:50:46

Def ring 111! Hope you're ok flowers

oldbirdy Tue 17-Oct-17 22:52:28

Intussusception?
I'd be keen to see a doctor tonight.

TiesThatBindMe Tue 17-Oct-17 22:55:14

I've had pancreatitis before and it's a similar pain but not as bad (I was on morphine on that occasion and still doubled over in pain - it's not nearly so severe yet but may be the start of it). And it's now moved. hmm
I'll leave it an hour and see if it abates and if not I'll call 111.
I know the treatment for pancreatitis is starvation so I guess I'll just not eat for 24 hours and see how I go. Thanks for bothering to listen to me moan. I figure if I can type, I'm not a hospital case grin

newestbridearound Tue 17-Oct-17 22:55:33

111. I had similar recently, it was so bad I was screaming! They sent a paramedic in the end and discovered gallstones once I'd had some scans at hospital. Definitely ring and ask advice tonight- don't mess around with chest and abdo pain as there are so many things it could be. You can't wait for 2 weeks flowers

newestbridearound Tue 17-Oct-17 22:56:06

Oops x post! Hope it gets sorted OP

TheMaddHugger Tue 17-Oct-17 23:00:28

((((((Hugs))))) I also think it's pancreatitis or gallbladder.

LuluJakey1 Tue 17-Oct-17 23:00:33

How long since you had it? Was it recent? I ask because I had it and it was terrible- hospitalised for 2 weeks and morphine barely controlled it for more than an hour before I was sobbing with pain. I was wiped out for 2 months and during that time had two less severe attacks that didn't require hospitalisation, until my gall bladder was removed. As you say, not eating, lots of fluid and painkillers were how I managed.

TiesThatBindMe Tue 17-Oct-17 23:03:33

I'd say it's 4 or 5 years since I had pancreatitis. I was only hospitalised for about a week I think.

TiesThatBindMe Tue 17-Oct-17 23:05:40

It was definitely the most painful thing I've ever gone through. This feels like the day or so before it became excruciating. Not sure what a doctor could do at this stage apart from starve me and give me pain relief.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now