Talk

Advanced search

To ask for some serious help...

(12 Posts)
samatamfabahaba Tue 17-Oct-17 21:42:54

Going to Dubai for four days next month with a five month old FF baby.
Am I being totally stupid to think we should take the perfect prep?
How do we sterilise?
I’ve bought a lightweight pushchair as we obvs can’t take the iCandy brick with us.
Last time I went to Dubai I didn’t feel the need to check that shops sold the formula we use, am I stupid to assume they will and not take a tub with us? And nappies?

God I feel like a moron so sorry for asking what’s probably a list of ridiculous questions! confusedconfused

Idratherbeaunicorn Tue 17-Oct-17 21:45:01

You can order formula from boots and pick it up from the airport when you're through security. Also for sterilising, you can just use boiling water!

buckeejit Tue 17-Oct-17 21:46:53

I'd take the candy if that's what you're used to. If you can fit the perfect prep then take it-whatever makes life easy. I'd use milton tablets to sterilise - take a travel unit. Take some emergency formula and nappies in your case. Hopefully someone will be along soon with Dubai info. Have a fab time!

ZigZagIntoTheBlue Tue 17-Oct-17 21:48:07

I would take enough formula for the duration or email company and ask for local one of most similar makeup. My dsis travels to Germany frequently, emailed the formula company and found the next age bracket up had the most similar contents to the English one dniece was used to rather than the same age bracket formula made there iyswim

Onynx Tue 17-Oct-17 22:15:20

You can buy the microwave sterilisers for next to nothing - pack in your luggage but fill with socks/underwear so you are not losing space.

EscapingBiology Tue 17-Oct-17 22:28:02

Boots used to sell disposable bags that you could use in the microwave to sterilise bottles in, I don’t know if they still sell them but I’m sure there are other similar products available if they don’t. Will you have access to a microwave?

For formula, buy cartons of ready made formula and pack in the case. So much easier than making the powdered formula up when you’re there.

MummaTwinkleToes Tue 17-Oct-17 22:54:28

Hi definitely order the milk you need from boots to pick up airside,it doesn't count as your baggage weight then. I think you have to order at least a week in advance though. I would also pack some ready made milk and possibly some disposable bottles for transit. We bought some sterilising bags from Mothercare. They were like a big drawstring bag which had sterilising tablets in. You just add water and it can be used multiple times for 24hours. They were really good.

AddictedToSausageRolls Tue 17-Oct-17 23:01:27

If you want to, you can rent pretty much any baby equipment to be delivered to your hotel for the duration of your trip. I’ve not done this in Dubai but my friend has in the States and said it was great.
I have no idea which companies are good but a quick Google found this as an example: https://hire4baby.com/product-category/easy-eating/sterilizers/

samatamfabahaba Wed 18-Oct-17 09:39:46

All excellent very much appreciated advice! Thanks so much.

oatlybaristasista Wed 18-Oct-17 09:53:36

I took disposable sterilising bags, they don’t take up much room in your suitcase, you just add water & they last 24hrs. Also I would take ready made cartons or bottles of milk, that will make life easier & you don’t need to worry about change of water etc.

TestingTestingWonTooFree Wed 18-Oct-17 09:56:52

I second getting milk at the airport (having ordered it in). You really don't need to take the PP. Get a bottle and keep cooled boiled water in it. Make up a bottle with 2oz of boiling water and top up with the cold. We're on 7oz so I top up with 5oz.

Given you're only going for 4 nights I'd take all supplies with you. That many days of nappies won't take up much space. It's a shame to waste your trip searching for nappies.

If you get the MAM bottles, you can self sterilise in a microwave. Otherwise Milton liquid/tablets.

Make sure you take more bottles/feeds on the plane to cover you for flight delays.

TestingTestingWonTooFree Wed 18-Oct-17 09:57:23

I'd definitely use individual cartons for when travelling though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now