Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

AIBU - Interview on the news just now

(6 Posts)
MissionItsPossible Tue 17-Oct-17 19:58:08

Kevin Wilshaw being interviewed on Channel 4 news just now (not live). I had never heard of this man but he is an ex (although earlier this year posting online racial hatred and speaking at supremacist rallies) confused neo nazi belonging to BNP and before that the National Front. He come out as gay and wanted to rid his past on camera of all his old nazi memorabilia including a bust of Adolf Hitler, nazi flags, copies of old nazi posters, and more.

He then mentioned that rumours had started to circulate about him being gay and he was a target of abuse from the very people he "wants to belong to" (yes, he said that and not "wanted to belong to") then said “It’s a terribly selfish thing to say but it’s true, I saw people being abused, shouted at, spat at in the street – it’s not until it’s directed at you that you suddenly realise that what you’re doing is wrong.” shock Really? You didn't think belonging to the National Front was bad until they turned on you personally?

Did anyone else just watch this? I was shock and confused and didn't much like the slightly sympathetic tone it was portrayed in.

www.channel4.com/news/neo-nazi-national-front-organiser-quits-movement-comes-out-as-gay-kevin-wilshaw-jewish-heritage

greendale17 Tue 17-Oct-17 19:59:45

The guy is an idiot

MissionItsPossible Tue 17-Oct-17 20:00:24

Sorry, forgot to add the AIBU was to think that the guy is mostly doing this for attention seeking and will probably have some book deal or the like out soon.

ZaphodBeeblerox Tue 17-Oct-17 20:02:52

Didn't see it, but how thick is this fella? You scream abuse and vitriol at people and don't bat an eyelid, but get a bit of abuse back and suddenly you realise what it feels like to be marginalised and abused? I've met 3 year olds with a sharper understanding of consequence and empathy FGS.

ZaphodBeeblerox Tue 17-Oct-17 20:05:44

Didn't see it, but how thick is this fella? You scream abuse and vitriol at people and don't bat an eyelid, but get a bit of abuse back and suddenly you realise what it feels like to be marginalised and abused? I've met 3 year olds with a sharper understanding of consequence and empathy FGS.

MissionItsPossible Tue 17-Oct-17 20:14:20

Thank you, that's instantly what I thought. It's basic social skills hmm Although belonging to and aligning with sucha backward organisation I expect him not to be too bright.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now