Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To be annoyed at my mum?

(5 Posts)
babybrainismyexcuseforlife Tue 17-Oct-17 18:12:57

Sorry if this is a bit long winded 😬
I am 8 weeks pregnant. I found out about 3 weeks ago ( hadn’t told anyone but my dh and dsis) a week after I found out I started to bleed so thought I had miscarried so I told my mum cause she would be very hurt if she had found out and I hadn’t told her at the time, anyway a week later I was still feeling sick so went to docs who sent me for scan where I found out there was still a baby in there so of course I was overjoyed and told everyone who I had told I had miscarried so this was my mum sis and husband, I told my mum I didn’t want anyone to know as it’s still very early! I phone her today only to find out she’s pretty much told EVERYONE!! My brothers, aunts, anyone she has spoken to since!! I have since found out that I did in fact miscarry as I was pregnant with twins so there’s still a change of losing this one! Aibu being annoyed at her for sharing this information before I was ready? I know she is excited as she didn’t think she would have anymore grand babies!

toolonglurking Tue 17-Oct-17 20:44:53

Yes, she's excited, but that gives her no right to share your secret. If I were in your position I'd explain exactly why you are annoyed, and I'd not let her in on any more secrets going forward.
I'm sorry for your loss, and wish you the best for the next few months!

MissConductUS Tue 17-Oct-17 20:47:12

Yes, but as soon as you mentioned any of it to anyone other than DH you have to assume that it's public knowledge. People suck at keeping secrets.

Santawontbelong Tue 17-Oct-17 20:48:46

Well now you know to keep your private business private.
Dh only for info in future. ..

WhatwouldAryado Tue 17-Oct-17 20:49:15

It's difficult when something like this happens flowers. I was 21 weeks before I told my mother for 3rd DC. Best wishes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now