Talk

Advanced search

To say is none of our business?

(3 Posts)
BLUESEAPARADISE Tue 17-Oct-17 16:43:46

To give you a little bit of a back story I have a member of the family who is 23 and has a range of different disabilities and is blind and deaf in one ear and eye, has MS and anxiety ( as possible autism but hasn't been diagnosed) she hardly ever goes out and often spends her time on her own but she is happy.

Her mother has been in touch asking me to talk to her because she is " worried" and " embarrassed" about her daughters behaviour, in which her daughter still sucks her thumb for comfort and takes her teddy with her for comfort when she goes for her regular Infusions at the hospital ( but leaves it in her mothers car) her mum has said it's embarrassing and needs to stop because she is a grown adult and wants me to talk to her about it as she has already tried and failed.

AIBU to say it's none of our business? She doesn't smoke / Drink / sadly doesn't have a social life and has a lot going on health wise but most importantly is happy!

I don't want to upset her mother but at the same time I don't want to upset her daughter as I can see how much it helps her.

I feel like I am stuck in the middle but I don't want to sit back and watch her ruin her daughters only way of getting comfort as she rarely interacts with people.

SWtobe Tue 17-Oct-17 16:46:08

What harm is it doing. Tell her mum to just let her be.

JamPasty Tue 17-Oct-17 16:47:03

Daughter's behaviour sounds fine - mum needs to get over feeling embarrassed!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: