Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To cut off mil?

(7 Posts)
Popcorn2001 Tue 17-Oct-17 13:28:24

Shes a nasty manipulative controlling bitter narcissist who makes everything into something about her.

She makes my husband miserable when he tries to contact her and has alienated her other child and most of her husband's family. Each time we think she is improving another outburst happens.

My husband is sick of being treated like cr@p by her and like he owes her something. She thinks because she's his parent its all up to him to keep the relationship going regardless of how she has treated him over thr yrs.

Shes more bitter and jealous by the day. Only those under her thumb i.e her husband and sister are acceptable - she has no real friends and it's no wonder why.

Is it time we just cut her out of our lives? Is life too short to deal with this drama? We both have busy lives and jobs and better things to deal with...

taratill Tue 17-Oct-17 13:30:55

Is your mother in law my mother in law? I could have written this! Very difficult , what does your DH think?

Theresamayscough Tue 17-Oct-17 13:32:59

I think it’s your dhs decision to make for him and yours for you. Joint agreement on the kids.

I feel for you though. My mil was lovely and I hope i am a good mil now but my sister is exactly how you describe your mil. It’s draining and frustrating because you ajways expect them to
Behave and they never do.

SistersOfPercy Tue 17-Oct-17 13:35:36

I had 18 years of similar before I concluded life was far too short to be miserable. Bit different in my case as DH still sees her though.

But absolutely do not suffer fools. They bring you down, depress you, frustrate you and make you miserable. We spend half our lives worrying over others perception of us, but it boils down to 'if something makes you unhappy, don't do it'.

Popcorn2001 Tue 17-Oct-17 13:54:56

Think he's about ready to cut ties!!

redexpat Tue 17-Oct-17 14:09:57

Get the books by susan forward. They come highly recommended on the relationships board. Might help guide you through the process.

SkySmiler Tue 17-Oct-17 16:05:26

How is it his job to maintain the relationship? He didnt asked to be born, or to have her for a mother! Cut and run!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now