Talk

Advanced search

To think that this is emotionally abusive?

(5 Posts)
MandysPagina Mon 16-Oct-17 23:50:01

This is a relative of mine. She has form for being extremely jealous, twisted and manipulative in her adult relationships, but I never thought she would be like that towards her own child.

Child is 2. This woman will make him cry purposely and provoke him into an awful state (sobbing etc), before then calling him over and doing a big 'oh come here for a cuddle, mummy will make you better'. An example is that there is a certain thing he is afraid of and this woman keeps bringing it out in front of him until he is in hysterics, before making him come and cuddle her. It seems to be all about getting more cuddles or something from him?

Another thing is she will constantly get him to tell her he loves her. Over and over. Do you love mummy? Tell me. Say it again. Ad infinitum.

Not sure about the second part, but the first os definitely abusive, right? I mean, why would anyone do that to a child???

damphouse Mon 16-Oct-17 23:58:06

She sounds unhinged and desperate for validation which she is creating herself.

Poor child, doesn’t seem right at all

Sketchily Tue 17-Oct-17 00:02:05

YANBU. Both are emotionally abusive IMO.

KC225 Tue 17-Oct-17 00:44:52

That is not normal behaviour for anyone let alone a parent towards their own child.

DeadDoorpost Tue 17-Oct-17 00:48:49

Sounds like my mother tbh and she's one manipulative, emotionally-blackmailing bitc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now