Talk

Advanced search

Police

(3 Posts)
KarmaStar Mon 16-Oct-17 23:24:38

For twenty years as a uniform police officer I was often walking the beat and the number of times I heard an adult saying to their small children"there's a police lady there ,if you don't behave she's going to lock you away in a dark cell"..so I'd make a point of taking the time to be friendly with the child and reassure them I wasn't going to do this.parents/carers/family responsible adults,please do not say this to your child.if s/he is lost,will they come to a police officer if they fear that they might be in trouble for wandering off and they will be shut in a cell?there's a chance not.so please don't use this,or a similar phrase,whatever your personal views of the police,they will always protect your child,don't make them think seeking out a police officer is scary .

Claireabella1 Mon 16-Oct-17 23:27:37

YANBU I think it's strange to do this, I've always taught my children that police are there to protect people, not take naughty children away hmm not sure where that attitude comes from.

starzig Mon 16-Oct-17 23:36:48

YANBU and neither are the thousands of people that have posted the exact same paragraph on facebook

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now