Sorry but going to use this as a bit of a 111 service, as I honestly don't want to waste their time. Cystitis started on Friday, thought I could tackle it with consuming a lot of water, seemed to settle Saturday but was back with a vengeance on Sunday. Really painful to wee now and pain in lower back and side. I get around 6-7 urine infections a year (for the past 4 years) and 2 of these have lead to Kidney infection - 1 of which needing a hospital stay. I've got the earliest GP appointment for Friday morning, but not sure I can go on through the week if this pain doesn't lessen. I am flat broke until Thursday, so can't really afford to get to out of hours if it isn't necessary - obviously I will if it is. TIA! Feeling sorry for myself.
I’d personally get antibiotics sooner rather than later, the fact you’re in pain as you describe suggests it may be hitting your kidneys already. I’ve had recurring cystitis in the past, it’s really horrible. Could anyone take you along? Once you’ve got this sorted perhaps you could get a gp appointment to discuss how to manage this longer term? Hope you feel better soon x
With your history I would do one or both of the following:
1. Ring 111, explain the issue and see if there was anyway to obtain a prescription tonight
2. Wait till morning to ring the GP and ask for a telephone consultation as it's a known issue and they may be happy to issue a prescription off the back of a phone call. If you encounter a bulldog I would physically go there and get assertive.
My thinking is you know the issue, you know the solution it's easier all round to just go give you a prescription and reconsider if it doesn't work.
Huge sympathies though - urine infections are the worst <<< to keep your fluids up
Urgent GP appt tomorrow. Do not wait until Friday and risk damage to your kidneys or even sepsis. Obviously it is impossible to assess you remotely, but if you have a temperature or are being sick or feel otherwise unwell in yourself I would say A&E tonight.
I definitely won't be able to pick anything up tonight, no car here and children in bed. Will call for emergency appointment in the morning and go to A&E if I start to feel worse. I have a UTI with back ache before when I was 35 weeks pregnant, the other times were with the kidney infections. For goodness sake, I can't seem to stay well at the moment!
I was sick a couple of times and quite feverish so got an out of hours, just left with some Trimethoprim and doctor pretty sure it's a Kidney infection. Slightly concerned about trimethoprim, as the last time I was prescribed it didn't work and had to have something stronger, but they didn't have anything else on site. If symptoms haven't subsided by Friday I will ask for a different antibiotic (and obviously go back if it gets worse in the mean time!) The 2 mile school walk in the morning is going to be a barrel of laughs! Thanks all x