Talk

Advanced search

Help keep me busy?

(11 Posts)
KateEffinMiddleton Mon 16-Oct-17 21:27:46

Hi everyone I'm sorry for posting this in AIBU it's more for traffic as I really need the help.

I've been unemployed for a while, no kids and need to get my life sorted really. I'm applying for jobs of course but read today about creating a schedule to get me back into a positive mentality and get some motivation back. What can I made a daily thing in my schedule to keep me going and not waste myself around the house watching tv?

So far:
-up at a certain early time every day
-allotted job search time each day
-dog walks planned every day

Aquamarine1029 Mon 16-Oct-17 21:35:53

Whenever I've had an extended downtime, I do lots of household projects that normally get put on the backburner, like cleaning out closets, drawers, cabinets, etc. Getting things organised and cleaned out actually makes me feel really good.

QuiteLikely5 Mon 16-Oct-17 21:38:10

Look on your local gumtree always do many jobs in there that require little or no experience

Cornettoninja Mon 16-Oct-17 21:39:35

Any interest in learning something? There are loads of free courses online, some offered by universities - American ones in particular. You could start gently with a ted talk a day.

Saracen Mon 16-Oct-17 21:40:12

Exercise is a good pick-me-up. What about some running or cycling, or just 15 min in the house dancing to music you love?

Is there something you've always wanted to learn which you haven't got round to doing? You could schedule some study time in. A language, maybe? There are good free online programmes. Or tackle some books which people have recommended to you?

Luna9 Mon 16-Oct-17 21:45:16

Exercise, joining the gymn
Library
Doing a course

The best thing is to get out of the house, even if you have to go to the library and do your job search and planning there. It is easy to get distracted in the house.

MumW Mon 16-Oct-17 22:19:02

How about some kind of volunteering role?

NightNight15 Mon 16-Oct-17 22:42:14

Are there any local groups that you can join eg book club, drama, knit and natter, walking, cycling, WI to meet people. Have you applied for Xmas jobs I think I saw some recently

NightNight15 Mon 16-Oct-17 22:43:25

Have you updated your CV and social media profile. Have you tried giving your CV to local businesses.

countycouncil Mon 16-Oct-17 23:06:59

A friend of mine who works in recruitment once told me if you have a gap on your cv they make as you to explain it, they appreciate hearing things like "I set a fitness goal of ..... and achieved it in 12 weeks", "I did an online course in ......", "I researched and built a veggie garden". You could do some things that would add to your CV

CakeWarsz Tue 17-Oct-17 02:22:21

Have you got anything that you can sell at a car boot sale, freegle, Facebook, Ebay?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now