Talk

Advanced search

To tell this mum her DD spat at my DD?

(6 Posts)
icedwatermelon Mon 16-Oct-17 21:04:22

DD just started reception but knew this girl since babies. I consider the mum to be a good friend of mine, often meet for coffee and have text often. We know a lot about each other and have helped each other through difficult times.

My daughter has been coming home with bruises and marks. When I ask her about it she says it's her friend being too rough. Last Friday she told me that he friend had spat in her face.

I saw my friend at the park at the weekend as I normally do and mentioned it to her, as in a non accusing way of had her DD mentioned anything. She went ballistic saying my DD was lying as her DD would never do such a disgusting thing.

I've found out that she has been into school today and spoken to the headteacher about my DD lying. She's blanked me and clearly doesn't want to speak to me.

Was IBU?

DonkeyOaty Mon 16-Oct-17 21:10:39

You've learnt the hard way that stuff happening at school gets dealt with at school.

What you should have done, and still can do, is draw teacher's attention to dd's accounts of spitting-ats and bruises sustained while at school.

headinhands Mon 16-Oct-17 21:10:46

I think it's best to leave these things to the school. What had the school said when you spoke to them?

Nandoshoes Mon 16-Oct-17 21:12:09

Definitely f#%king not

She sounds bonkers.

Maybe speak to the Teacher and ask her to keep an eye out so you can have another word not just your D.C's.

The mum is clearly in denial.

Nandoshoes Mon 16-Oct-17 21:13:07

Also I don't think it's best you leave it at school. As you have clearly learnt the child is to rough and the mum is off her head !

icedwatermelon Mon 16-Oct-17 21:18:16

Obviously if it had been another mum I would have gone straight to school, but as the mum was a good friend I thought by going to her first we could sort it out between us. I was wrong obviously!

The school have said that they did speak to the girl about spitting at my DD and as for the bruises they've said unless my DD speaks up when it happens it's hard for them to know when this girl is doing it to my DD

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now