Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Sexist Autoglass Operative

(31 Posts)
DONALDSONCAR Mon 16-Oct-17 17:31:50

I had terrible customer service from Autoglass today. Man came out to fix my windscreen. Was really patronising and when my partner came out directed all conversation at him and, despite the fact it was my car, I was the customer and he had been dealing with me, handed my car keys to my boyfriend. What century are we living in? Complained to Autoglass who didn't see what the issue was and suggested I might have made the story up.

MrsEight Mon 16-Oct-17 17:32:55

Get onto Twitter....

Myheartbelongsto Mon 16-Oct-17 17:37:46

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Goldenbug Mon 16-Oct-17 17:39:01

Sexism is fine until people around the world stop dying?

That's an interesting idea. hmm

Rainybo Mon 16-Oct-17 17:41:48

Why did your partner take the keys? Why didn’t he back you up?

AntagonyAunt Mon 16-Oct-17 17:43:47

Myheartbelongsto Are you going to write that on every thread on here?? hmm

Jigsisaw Mon 16-Oct-17 17:45:08

oh come on, I'm in Ireland and I've got cabin fever and I for am bored rigid and my children are downstairs creating their own hurricane arguing about whether or not to watch despicable me or Grey's Anatomy. Three people always die. Every day.

OP, I once tried to buy a Fiat Punto and the car sales man did this. I didn't buy it in the end. He directed his sales patter to my x who didn't really care as he had his own car. I said to the salesman ''you haven't convinced me'' but I think he was too dumb to understand the nuance.

tunnelBear Mon 16-Oct-17 17:47:49

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

therealpippi Mon 16-Oct-17 17:48:12

Totally not on.

I had a plastere like this and hated it.

Well done for complaining but yes get on to twitter if they did not take you seriously.

therealpippi Mon 16-Oct-17 17:48:39

Tunnelbear are you pretending?

MrsEight Mon 16-Oct-17 17:51:46

We went looking at bathrooms once and the guy in the showroom directed all the “cleaning” information at me.

I walked out and did not buy a bathroom from him.

Jigsisaw Mon 16-Oct-17 17:53:40

MrsEight, that would annoy me twice as much!

tunnelBear Mon 16-Oct-17 17:54:39

@therealpippi

To what?

MrsEight Mon 16-Oct-17 17:59:46

It was v annoying, about 4 times he mentioned it, showed me how to remove the toilet seat for easy cleaning.

OH could see I wasn’t impressed and when I stormed out was left scuttling behind me grin

CockacidalManiac Mon 16-Oct-17 18:05:47

Get onto Twitter

Yes, give them a hard time on social media.
It’s the only time these companies are interested.

quercuscircus Mon 16-Oct-17 18:16:27

YANBU.

Had this many times with plumbers, electricians etc and find it really infuriating and rude.

DONALDSONCAR Mon 16-Oct-17 18:16:52

My partner didn't take the keys. He was pretty embarrassed to be offered them, especially as the guy had to pass them by me to give to him.

chickenowner Mon 16-Oct-17 18:18:16

I had a similar experience with a windscreen company, can't remember the name though.

The windscreen fitter kept calling me 'love'. Which I can deal with although I don't particularly like it.

Then my DP came out of the house and the fitter kept calling him 'Sir'!!!

It really annoyed me! I wish I had complained or pointed it out to him at the time.

Maddiemademe Mon 16-Oct-17 18:19:03

Had this happen just last month when I went to see a financial advisor. It was to do with a self build and I was funding everything by myself. I brought a (male) builder friend with me and the financial advisor kept speaking to him directly. The builder even said 'it's nothing to do with me, maddiemademe is the one with the money'.

Really really fucked me off, he didn't even shake my hand at the end of the meeting just my friends. When he emailed me a few days later I had a great time telling him why I wouldn't be needing his services. angry

Nikephorus Mon 16-Oct-17 19:08:51

Did you actually complain to the operative himself? He's the one in the wrong & he's the one needs telling. Not Twitter or Facebook, the one actually getting it wrong because if you don't tell him he can't change. It may not occur to him that he's being sexist whereas if it's brought to his attention politely when he does it he has the chance to apologise & change next time.

Glassman Tue 17-Oct-17 10:53:21

Some suggestions are to take it to a social media platform. Really?

angry

DONALDSONCAR Tue 17-Oct-17 16:01:18

No I didn't tell the guy himself. I knew I would just have got really angry and I wanted to react in a calmer manner. Also I was worried that I would have to deal with him again as my car still wasn't fixed. Autoglass have now apologised, are going to send the guy for some training and given me some compensation. It was definitely worth complaining and going onto social media about it.

Glassman Tue 17-Oct-17 16:13:14

Compensation? For what?

Nikephorus Tue 17-Oct-17 18:14:50

Autoglass have now apologised, are going to send the guy for some training and given me some compensation. It was definitely worth complaining and going onto social media about it.
So basically you did it for the money! angry

Jigsisaw Tue 17-Oct-17 18:17:51

What? She didn't ''do it''. She reacted to the salesman being sexist.

But hey, over look sexism, it's not fair on the poor men who are forced to acknowledge they've been bad at their jobs and sexist

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now