Advanced search

To ask what baby stuff is worth the money on Amazon?

(22 Posts)
thedinosaur Mon 16-Oct-17 14:11:27

Preparing for DC2 and received a substantial Amazon voucher, I have Amazon prime which we mainly use for the TV stuff and nappies etc for DC1 .

I've been looking at bits for baby but not sure what is worth buying new on Amazon vs what is OK second hand, most things seem pretty standard prices I would get anywhere else but I might be looking in the wrong places? And most importantly what's actually a competitive price?

What products big or small do you/would you buy on Amazon vs anywhere else?

Mandraki Mon 16-Oct-17 18:29:30

Get a perfect prep, absolutely get one! Worth the money, worth double the money even, when it’s 4am and your baby is screaming for a bottle right now. Just make sure you buy and replace the filter each month.

dinosaurkisses Mon 16-Oct-17 18:34:57

Perfect Prep if you're bottle feeding- it's like a coffee machine for babies and makes up the perfect feed in about a minute. Did is nearly two weeks old and I'd have gone mad without it! Saves so much time.

Tommee Tippee Steam Steriliser- sterilises five bottles and tears in five minutes. Saves so much faffing with boiling water or sterilising fluid, really hassle free.

Zippy baby grows- refastening those little poppers on onesies at 4am when the baby is screaming because their legs are cold is a complete bollocks. The zips make changes much faster, especially for a baby changing novice like me!

MonkeyJumping Mon 16-Oct-17 18:42:02

You need a new cot mattress for each new child so can get that on Amazon.

calilark Mon 16-Oct-17 18:52:20

Muslinz muslins are the shiz. Really soft and nice size. Better than M&S

Twogirlsandme Mon 16-Oct-17 19:10:59

Sophie the giraffe?
Wipes are often on offer on Amazon

BastardTart Mon 16-Oct-17 19:13:36

Get an instant pot - makes cooking a lot easier (no standing around stirring stuff, just chuck it in and close the lid) so very helpful when you have to cook for hungry dc, but need to watch them too. It always goes down around black Friday sale time.

CruzRamirez Mon 16-Oct-17 19:14:58

The Katy cot bad mattress they sell is very good at a fraction of the price you'd pay in mothercare or John Lewis.

CruzRamirez Mon 16-Oct-17 19:16:05

Also stair gates.

CruzRamirez Mon 16-Oct-17 19:16:21

And a jumperoo!

Millybingbong Mon 16-Oct-17 19:20:34

Car seats

coldcuptea Mon 16-Oct-17 19:23:08

Baby car seat - always cheaper

feesh Mon 16-Oct-17 19:26:49

Haaka pump - life changing!

seven201 Mon 16-Oct-17 19:33:32

Water wipes
Nappy bin refills
Perfect prep
Nipple shields! The only place online that sold them in a small size.
Millions of dummies for when you try every type ever made in the hope your dc will suddenly like them they won't.

DoloresKeane Mon 16-Oct-17 19:34:05

Caldesene medicated powder.
Brilliant for nappy rash. Brilliant for adults too. I use it for athletes foot, ringworm, sweat rash, and any wounds or cuts.
Used in hospitals in Ireland.

annieannietomjoe Mon 16-Oct-17 19:38:20

Coconut oil
Music set (halilit baby’s first birthday band set) - my LB played with it for over 8 months and still going strong
Dribble bibs

nocake Mon 16-Oct-17 19:40:48

Car seat or baby monitor.

YouCantArgueWithStupid Mon 16-Oct-17 19:44:53

Chocolate subscription & Tena lady pants

Oysterbabe Mon 16-Oct-17 19:44:57

You can bulk buy nappies very cheaply if you have Prime.

ILoveMillhousesDad Mon 16-Oct-17 19:49:26

Chocolate subscription & Tena lady pants

coldcuptea Mon 16-Oct-17 20:06:20

Second grobags

OhOurBilly Mon 16-Oct-17 20:08:08

Weleda calendula nappy cream.
Ģet a six foot charger cable too. They're about £2.50 but bloody brilliant.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now