Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Help with depression

(4 Posts)
Sleeplessinguiltyness Mon 16-Oct-17 12:50:43

Ok so not an AIBU but this is where I post and lurk so was my first thought for a bit of anonymous posting

I suffer from depression, well managed for past year after a bad episode involving a long time off work

I'm really really down, struggling to get up in the morning (I'm never a morning person but noticing it more) not interested in things and find it so hard to get motivated.

I don't want to be signed off work, so a bit reluctant to go to drs, worried why would it hit me now and feeling generally down and useless.

I'm on a course today so won't be back online for a bit, even though I am barely concentrating on what's going on. I almost walked on past this to go to drs and may be I should have
but just wanted to vent and maybe get a bit of a handhold

Go to the doctors, if your leg was broken you wouldn't debate going to hospital, please access the help you need, good luck...

Graphista Mon 16-Oct-17 13:12:45

Why now? It's winter. More than likely lack of vitamin D - certainly wouldn't hurt to take some and some b vitamins too.

I have depression too. I am on meds but also started taking vit D on advice of cpn which has really helped (I'm in Scotland she thinks it should be in the water up here!)

Also going dr doesn't mean you HAVE to be signed off, you can get meds, meds increased, referred for counselling etc.

Sometimes just being able to vent irl helps.

Hope you start feeling better soon

Sleeplessinguiltyness Mon 16-Oct-17 15:24:18

Thank you. I just feel like things had been going so well but the broken leg analogy is a good one, I wouldn't wait if I thought my leg was broken, or worry about being told "it was actually just a sprain"

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now