Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Hillary Clinton and Woman's Hour

(15 Posts)
MatildaTheCat Mon 16-Oct-17 12:29:26

Apologies if this is being discussed elsewhere.

So yesterday she appeared an hour late at the Cheltenham book festival where she is promoting her own book. No apology offered apparently and certainly not her fault.

Today she failed to turn up for her interview on WH. Poor presenter (I think it was Jane Garvey) was mortified and having to fill in, which she did very well but seriously? What's wrong with the woman that she can't make these appointments which are, as I say, for her own book promotion.

Obviously I hope she's not ill but that wasn't the impression. Maybe the audiences will be late in purchasing her book?

Namechangetempissue Mon 16-Oct-17 12:32:47

I would imagine there is something going on -probably illness as she hasn't been well. I don't think she is somebody who would be late on purpose.

Hont1986 Mon 16-Oct-17 13:27:38

I've seen that she's been late to a few book signings too, no apologies or explanations of course.

I think she might be more ill than she lets on.

TheRealGussieFinkNottle Mon 16-Oct-17 13:28:50

Oh god. Hope she's okay.

FannyWisdom Mon 16-Oct-17 13:31:28

I saw her on the one show and channel four news last week
They must have promos stuffed to the gills.
I bet she's knackered towd lass.

MatildaTheCat Mon 16-Oct-17 15:08:34

Bit odd not to be in proper communication with BBC though? They clearly didn't know what was going on.

tunnelBear Mon 16-Oct-17 15:48:23

She's a horrible and disgusting woman.

I always suspect that those who support her simply don't know enough about her past.

Ill or not, her being late for an appearance is good news for all.

WyclefJohn Mon 16-Oct-17 15:52:52

tunnel, why?

Morphene Mon 16-Oct-17 16:00:40

oh no...that's quite poor to not turn up for something when the BBC have been trailing it for the best part of 2 weeks..really not a good show at all. If she is ill then she should very much have cancelled as early as she knew she wouldn't make it.

NumberEightyOne Mon 16-Oct-17 16:01:43

She's broken her ankle I think.

WipsGlitter Mon 16-Oct-17 16:03:59

Really? Where did you see that about her ankle?

I don't get all the love for her. She failed to lay out a credible alternative to Trump and therefore lost.

LineysRun Mon 16-Oct-17 16:04:47

I was wondering if there is some news about to break about Bill and her role in that. I would be sad if she turns out to be a wrong 'un.

tunnelBear Mon 16-Oct-17 16:06:18

Clinton defended an accused rapist, but she did not volunteer. He pleaded guilty to a lesser offense. She laughed when recalling unusual aspects of the case. fact check

Indefensible wage gap amongst her staff here

Bill Clinton's sexual assualt accusations admittedly wikipedia

Clinton destroying husband's accusers before they got to court Washington Times

MissConductUS Mon 16-Oct-17 16:14:40

Hillary is consistently late to events. Bill had the same problem.

www.cnn.com/2015/10/02/politics/hillary-clinton-running-late-bernie-sanders/index.html

MissConductUS Mon 16-Oct-17 16:25:35

By the way, the TV networks here stopped booking them for live broadcast shows years ago for this exact reason. I'm surprised that nobody at the BBC was aware.

@Wips I don't get all the love for her

There really isn't much love for her. She thought she was scheduled for a coronation, not a campaign, and ran things accordingly. She did get a lot of votes from people like me who were terrified by the prospect of the short fingered vulgarian becoming the next POTUS.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now