Talk

Advanced search

To ask about the flu spray?

(4 Posts)
PetalMettle Mon 16-Oct-17 10:54:33

In particular whether your two year olds had two lots of it? The patient leaflet says that if they’re having it for the first time they should have a second dose 4 weeks apart. GPS didn’t mention it but then I had to have a fight just to get it for him as she was telling me it was only for asmathatic children so I don’t trust them.
Did anyone else’s dc have the second spray please?

dementedpixie Mon 16-Oct-17 10:56:58

Think UK says one is sufficient. Neither of mine have ever had 2 doses

dementedpixie Mon 16-Oct-17 11:04:40

On the immunisation Scotland site it says this:

Does my child need a second dose?

Almost all children will only need one dose of the vaccine.

However, if your child is under 9 years old AND has a health condition AND is getting the flu vaccine for the first time, they will need a second dose (4 weeks after the first) to make sure their immunity has fully built up.

They will also require a second dose if your child is under 9 years old, was given the injectable vaccine AND this was their first ever flu vaccine, even if they do not have a health condition.

If your child is aged 2-5 years and not yet in school, your GP will advise you. If your child is at school, please contact your local NHS Board (on the number in the letter enclosed) to find out about local arrangements.

PetalMettle Mon 16-Oct-17 14:37:05

That’s really helpful, thanks @dementedpixie

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now