Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To have found this strange?

(2 Posts)
KissesAX Sun 15-Oct-17 18:58:44

I know what you're all going to say - that the world is PC mad and people are too sensitive but this happened today...

Was pumpkin picking at a farm and waiting for a tractor ride in a queue. Family behind us had a man, woman and 2 children a boy and a girl who could've both been 8/9. The adults did look (most likely 100% were) like their parents.

They were all talking when the man says to the girl 'give me a kiss' she said no. He walked closer to her, held her face in his hand quite steadily and repeatedly pecked her but wasn't smiling or laughing. She pulled away and looked extremely uncomfortable.

I pointed out how strange and invasive this man was to his child and that she didn't look comfortable with it. My mum said it wasn't that strange.

AIBU to think it was creepy and for a 9 odd year old this was really invasive even for her dad?

StylishDuck Sun 15-Oct-17 19:01:22

YANBU. I would have found that uncomfortable too. Even if it was completely innocent, children should be encouraged to have bodily autonomy from a young age. I don’t force my 2yo DD to give anyone a hug or kiss unless she wants to.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now