Talk

Advanced search

AIBU- Friend gave my 6.5mo boy ice...

(39 Posts)
Torrelar Sun 15-Oct-17 15:29:47

The ice came out of his alcoholic/sugary drink, into HIS mouth then into my son's mouth without asking my partner (his dad) who was in charge of him yesterday evening whilst I worked.
I thought it's just wrong? I wouldn't dream of putting anything in a little baby's mouth without asking their parents first. Mind you, he has a 6.5 month old daughter too. Just thought it was a bit disrespectful. Or am I overreacting?

Fekko Sun 15-Oct-17 15:31:06

Not disrespectful but a bit yuk.

Orangebird69 Sun 15-Oct-17 15:34:27

You're overreacting a bit. It's a worst a bit thoughtless. You're going to need to brace yourself about what else your dc is going to put on their own mouths soon enough. A bit of ice with a negligible amount of alcohol/sugar on it it the least of your worries. Unclench. For your own good!

SheRaaarghPrincessOfPower Sun 15-Oct-17 15:35:30

It's really stupid, it's a choking hazard

Monstamio Sun 15-Oct-17 15:35:51

I think that sounds pretty revolting. And a choking risk aside from anything else.

MrGrumpy01 Sun 15-Oct-17 15:36:40

I too immediately thought of a choking risk. I know it would melt but I guess that would still take time to happen.

5had03 Sun 15-Oct-17 15:37:44

Was your DP watching? Did he say anything?

oldlaundbooth Sun 15-Oct-17 15:39:32

Stupid.

Choking hazard.

FlandersRocks Sun 15-Oct-17 15:43:35

Depends on the ice cube size. If you're talking like an actual full ice cube I'd be furious. Choking would happen way before it melted and it's about as sensible as putting a marble in their mouth.

If it's just a sliver of ice so no choking hazard (just gross)...I'd imagine it's something he did/does with his own dd (which I don't see a problem with) and he fell into the trap of doing the same thing to another similarly aged child without thinking. Like me helping a random toddler in the park to get off a slide and then saying 'shall mummy help you down again?' to them a minute later whilst my own toddler was nearby blush

Pengggwn Sun 15-Oct-17 16:06:28

Personally I would never feed someone else's baby anything at all without asking and yes, I think it is disrespectful.

FruitCider Sun 15-Oct-17 18:39:41

I thought you meant crystal meth from the title, I think I need to take some annual leave.

It’s a bit yuck, but in all honesty it would be the choking test that would bother me rather than it being in someone else’s mouth. At least he sucked the booze off First wink

KatherinaMinola Sun 15-Oct-17 18:45:15

Me too, Fruitcider blush

GammaDelta Sun 15-Oct-17 19:53:39

YANBU

No way anyone can take such liberty

Flisspaps Sun 15-Oct-17 19:57:32

YABU. It was ice, not smack hmm

5had03 Sun 15-Oct-17 20:07:17

Ice the baby may have choked on hmm

Silly op for being concerned about her baby!

Surely she should only be upset about someone placing something in her babies mouth if it was drugs hmm

Torrelar Sun 15-Oct-17 21:37:18

Okay I get that it was "just ice" but it had been in his mouth (not sure if he is carrying any cold/flu virus and yes I know they can get it anyway but still) and it is a choking hazard! My partner was getting a drink so ds was in his car seat on the floor. Maybe I'm only reacting like this because I would never think of giving someone elses child anything unless consulting a parent... everyone has different views.

Chocolatefudgecake100 Sun 15-Oct-17 21:42:23

ICE ICE BABY 😂Idk why this came to mind but op honestly its a bit of ice dw

TestingTestingWonTooFree Sun 15-Oct-17 21:45:04

Yuk. I wouldn't do that to my own child so I certainly wouldn't do it to someone else's.

RosiePosieRosie Sun 15-Oct-17 21:46:29

I’d have been pissed off with that!

arethereanyleftatall Sun 15-Oct-17 21:47:17

I wonder WHY he did it. Why would you)

seven201 Sun 15-Oct-17 21:49:26

Was he a bit drunk? I wouldn't like it at all if someone did that to my dc.

sayyouwill Sun 15-Oct-17 22:09:17

@arethereanyleftatall teething aid?
Maybe the baby made a whinge as DH went to the bar and he reacted how he would with his own baby if it sounded like teething pain.

Starlight2345 Sun 15-Oct-17 22:09:27

Who was this other person? Granparent? random friend?

SardinesAreSwimming Sun 15-Oct-17 22:10:49

Yuck. I'd be furious.

MrsOverTheRoad Sun 15-Oct-17 22:11:22

Were they both drinking alcohol? In charge of a baby? Tell your DH not to leave your son unattended near the person again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now