Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to have a bit of a roast boast?

(12 Posts)
Hiphopopotamus Sun 15-Oct-17 15:18:03

Yes I totally am because that's not what this topic is for! But I want to boast to as many people as possible.

After years of having amazing roast dinners cooked for me, I finally made one for my mum and dad today for the first time. I pulled out all the stops - did a chicken that was all lemony and herby with crispy skin, perfect roast potatoes and lovely veg.

But my real boasty boast is that for the first time in my life I made gravy from scratch without using any gravy granules. I made it in the juices pan completely from scratch and it was so good!

I know this is a very boasty post and that many of you do all these things every week, but I'm really pleased with myself and I wanted to share!

I hope you're all enjoying lovely roast dinners of your own today

isseywithcats Sun 15-Oct-17 15:19:54

your not being unreasonable to be proud of yourself for getting every bit of a roast dinner right, roasts are quite complicated getting all the timings right and all the seasonings too so well done

Eminybob Sun 15-Oct-17 15:29:21

It's rare for me to get it all right if doing it from scratch, so resort to gravy granules and frozen spuds too often.

I would be mega proud and want to boast too if I were you. Especially in front of my parents, as that's when it's most likely to go wrong!

Hiphopopotamus Sun 15-Oct-17 15:41:02

Thanks lovely MNetters. I agree - I was convinced that doing it for my parents would mean it would all fall apart!

Fucky Sun 15-Oct-17 15:42:05

Well pics or it never happened grin

Eminybob Sun 15-Oct-17 18:10:35

Going to have a boast of my own now - I just made an awesome cottage pie - the best bit being that DS ate every last bit, and he's a fussy 3 year old git when it comes to my cooking a lot of the time. So I'm basking in that win grin
Oh and loads of hidden veg so a halo too!

PurpleGrapePip Sun 15-Oct-17 19:12:01

YANBU. I find roast dinners the most stressful meal to cook ever. Congrats!

user1474 Sun 15-Oct-17 19:16:50

The more you do it the easier it'll be. I've been making a Sunday roast since I was a teenager and now it's a meal I find very easy to make. It takes some luck to get every bit perfect though - especially if you're cooking for people!

BlackeyedSusan Sun 15-Oct-17 19:32:14

(drools)

Notreallyhappy Sun 15-Oct-17 19:34:21

Well done...nothing wrong with it at all. Real gravy all the way from now on ☺☺☺

ILikeyourHairyHands Sun 15-Oct-17 19:38:05

I'm about to eat this beaut.

ILikeyourHairyHands Sun 15-Oct-17 19:39:50

And well done on the roast, your Sundays will thank you for it.

I think it's a lovely tradition, and one that the children love (only between September and Easter mind!).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now