Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Fancy a brag?

(61 Posts)
TheDodgyEnd Sat 14-Oct-17 22:57:58

I’m about to do the very thing that gets flamed badly on here.....but I just don’t care!

My youngest (DD) is 2, has Global Developmental Delay, suspected ASD and sensory processing difficulties. She is completely non verbal.

Today, as she left to go to her dad’s, she cuddled me and clear as day said “bye bye”.

I’ve been preening all over the bloody place, telling anyone who’ll listen, bragging my little heart out. And I don’t give a damn. It was amazing, glorious, even. To hear her little voice properly in a clear word for the first time!!!!!

So, people, feel free to use this as a safe space to have a bloody good brag! You deserve it!

BishopstonFaffing Sat 14-Oct-17 23:00:36

Fantastic!

AuntLydia Sat 14-Oct-17 23:01:22

Wow! I can't imagine how amazing that must have felt. Well done dodgyend's dd! I don't think I have anything to brag about that comes remotely close.

BishopstonFaffing Sat 14-Oct-17 23:01:36

My brag (totally outing but don't care) - DD is through to the next round of the county rugby U15 selection process. She's 13...

gamerchick Sat 14-Oct-17 23:01:55

I Hear you man grin I’m exactly the same with mine. Every little hurdle he gets over I’m there telling the world. Even if it is stuff that parents of neurotypical kids take for granted.

Bravo, enjoy the moment flowersgrin

MadForlt Sat 14-Oct-17 23:02:13

Wow, that's fabulous! That's a fully deserved brag imo.

TheDodgyEnd Sat 14-Oct-17 23:02:41

Fantastic @BishopstonFaffing!!! Well done!

GoingRogue Sat 14-Oct-17 23:02:57

That's amazing!! Well done to your DD smile

This week was parents evening and although my 6.5yo got off to a bad start with some poor behaviour, his teacher said he's turned a corner and is doing really well. He's doing so well with his reading and writing bless him.

TheDodgyEnd Sat 14-Oct-17 23:03:58

That’s brilliant minigoingrogue - you must be delighted xx

JugglingMummyof2 Sat 14-Oct-17 23:04:12

You must be so proud TheDodgyEnd.
Here goes - I have two teenagers, they are both lovely non moody people and I enjoy spending time with them. They help around the house and in the garden and do lots of things without being asked. They work hardish at school and neither had ever got into trouble there. They are kind and affectionate to me, their Dad, each other, friends and caring and polite to random strangers.
They are not perfect but I love them.

NoCryLilSoftSoft Sat 14-Oct-17 23:04:15

Ahhh that's fantastic. You're allowed to brag about that.

Last week, for the first time in 4 years when asked how school was my son gave two thumbs up. My mum (who had asked him) almost fell off her seat and has been telling everyone who will listen.

TheDodgyEnd Sat 14-Oct-17 23:05:28

Juggling sounds like they’ve got an ace mum to me!!

bastardkitty Sat 14-Oct-17 23:05:31

Love your brag flowers

TheDodgyEnd Sat 14-Oct-17 23:07:09

Nocry - my eldest who’s 6 also has ASD, GDD etc same as his baby sister - I’d keel over at an immediate two thumbs up. She must’ve thought she was hallucinating smile

Aquamarine1029 Sat 14-Oct-17 23:07:15

I am so happy for you!! Your heart must be bursting with joy!

SooFlora Sat 14-Oct-17 23:09:28

I cannot out brag you OP.

Bask in it, this is all yours!

NoCryLilSoftSoft Sat 14-Oct-17 23:10:45

It was pretty amazing. We both just sat open mouthed and didn't know what to say.

Handsfull13 Sat 14-Oct-17 23:11:34

That's amazing.

Yesterday my 8 month old started clapping his hands. Once I realised how happy he was and that is was intentional I giggled to myself, it was just so sweet.

RavenLG Sat 14-Oct-17 23:13:43

Every right to brag! Amazing!

MadForlt Sat 14-Oct-17 23:14:29

My brag - my amazing kids are both happily settled in uni. With no help from their waste of space dad. I'm the one that is there for them 100%. I'm the one that sorted funding and helped with applications and helped them get their stuff to their halls/flat, and bought their bedding and pots and pans and a month's worth of food. I don't care how proud he says he is of them, I know which one of us influenced them most and has been pivotal in them getting there.

tigercub50 Sat 14-Oct-17 23:14:37

That’s fantastic! Mine is just a little thing but I’m proud of my girlie. I was late changing my HRT patch so struggling to get my words out & really had a go at myself. DD said “ It’s not your fault Mum. You are nice & pretty. Don’t blame yourself. If you have to blame anything, blame those silly patches”! Bless her!

DaisyDrip Sat 14-Oct-17 23:26:25

Very little in this world makes me cry, I'm sitting here with a tear running down my cheek. This is one of the most beautiful things I have read in a while and you have every reason to preen and preen some more. Bless your little girl, she is a superstar with a super mum. flowers

Maelstrop Sat 14-Oct-17 23:29:46

My brag: a Year 11 boy said to me yesterday that I make him feel like he wants to do the work in class. Just a shiny moment in a ridiculously busy day.

TheDodgyEnd Sat 14-Oct-17 23:31:41

@MadForlt what an amazing mum you are flowers

@tigercub50 she sounds so positive and wonderfully loving x

TheDodgyEnd Sat 14-Oct-17 23:33:21

Don’t cry Daisy, just grin like an idiot from ear to ear!

What a lovely thread this is, I’m loving everyone’s brags and they are all completely justified and valid xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now