Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To consider making a thermoplastic/instamorph tooth for a missing one?

(10 Posts)
Olaf4fuxache Fri 13-Oct-17 19:46:37

Have seen the little beads you drop in water,they turn clear,you fish them out and mould them into the shape of your missing tooth.has anyone used this stuff? How do you get it to stay in? Implants are not an option!

millifiori Fri 13-Oct-17 22:20:55

Wow. never heard of them. Do they stay clear rather than tooth coloured? Sounds a bit weird.

tealandteal Fri 13-Oct-17 22:56:01

How would you know what shape to mould it in to?

Olaf4fuxache Sat 14-Oct-17 06:40:16

No,they dry white,you mould it into your mouth while its still soft,and get the right shape...!

duckduckmouse Sun 15-Oct-17 09:08:03

My mil had one whilst waiting for her implant.
She hated it as she couldn't smile and talk at same time. However, having no tooth would be a worse option for most people's self confidence.
Why no implant? Is this due to the ridiculous costs of them?

user1499169579 Sun 15-Oct-17 09:10:39

I get my single tooth plate made by the dental technician directly, rather than via a dentist.
Much cheaper, but properly made.
Your teeth are not white. They are graduated.
How is this going to be secured? A good plate makes it secure, takes strain of neighbouring teeth etc

Olaf4fuxache Sun 15-Oct-17 17:57:33

Hadnt really considered that...!!!
How does one go about contacting a dental technician and cut out the dentist? Does he do the mould?

Olaf4fuxache Sun 15-Oct-17 17:58:36

@duckduckmouse yes!!! Thousands and thousands!!!

duckduckmouse Sun 15-Oct-17 19:34:49

What can you get done by the NHS or covered in a set fee by your dentist? Is your entire tooth gone? I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with it. A smile is very central to our face and its hard to deal with a change.

I have a white filling on my front tooth as I chipped it when I was about 11, but it's nearly impossible to see. Do you have any teeth left?

I think my mil used one called Toofipegs or something like that, I can check tomorrow?

missymayhemsmum Sun 15-Oct-17 19:50:18

I'd worry about having a random piece of plastic in my mouth that might either poison me or get inhaled in my sleep.
Have you talked to your dentist about options? either a plate or a bridge if an implant is too expensive?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now