Talk

Advanced search

To drop DD off in my pyjamas?

(177 Posts)
SuzukiLi Fri 13-Oct-17 07:33:17

Have a rare day off and plan on spending it in bed.
So tempted to just stay in my pyjamas so I can jut slide back into bed when I get home!

...although I have a feeling if I rock up in my captain America pyjamas they think I'm in the midst of a breakdown grin

PurpleDaisies Fri 13-Oct-17 07:34:57

How long does it take to get dressed? confused

wheretoyougonow Fri 13-Oct-17 07:36:09

Amateur! What you actually do is keep your pj's on and slip a jumper and jeans over the top wink

ziggiestardust Fri 13-Oct-17 07:36:22

I wouldn't... you know you're going to be on here later as the subject of an AIBU if you do grin

SuzukiLi Fri 13-Oct-17 07:38:37

I just know that putting my jeans on will make me feel up and ready and I won't want to go back to bed ... oh well!

marble11 Fri 13-Oct-17 07:38:48

I have every Wednesday off. I always stick jeans and a t shirt on for the school run then come home and put pj's on.

I wouldn't dream of doing the school run in pyjamas. Imagine if DD teacher saw me shock

HipToBeSquare Fri 13-Oct-17 07:41:30

I think it looks terrible. A lovely mum at school puts a long jacket over her pj's everyday and I just think surely you're not going back to bed everyday?!!

tired17 Fri 13-Oct-17 07:43:45

My DM always said you should never go out in the car in nightwear in case you broke down and had to walk home.

That's stayed with me all my life and I never get in the car without clothes on that I would be happy to walk home in.

Mind you car breakdowns were a lot more common in the 1970s.

FrancisCrawford Fri 13-Oct-17 07:45:34

I just know that putting my jeans on will make me feel up and ready and I won't want to go back to bed

Won’t taking your child to school and then travelling home do exactly the same?

PodgeBod Fri 13-Oct-17 07:46:09

Tired my mum is the opposite and always drives in her nightie. One time she broke down on the motorway and had to get rescued in it grin she still does it though! But drives more reliable cars these days.

Prusik Fri 13-Oct-17 07:48:06

We had a pyjama day at school.once when I was a teacher. One of the teachers did break down wearing her PJ's! Definitely get dressed just incase!

SoupDragon Fri 13-Oct-17 07:49:31

I have just dropped DD off whilst technically wearing a PJ top. I did have a "lounge wear" fleece over the top and did change out of the fluffy PJ bottoms though.

In my defence, I did not leave the car. The change to jeans was just in case of a car accident smile

Papafran Fri 13-Oct-17 07:53:36

Oh just do it. Life's too short to care what others think.

TheDowagerCuntess Fri 13-Oct-17 07:54:17

I would judge harshly - I think it's grim.

But I agree with the earlier poster - you must be a bit of an amateur if you actually care what people think. Hardened pyjamas-as-clothes wearers don't give a shit.

allthegoodusernameshavegone Fri 13-Oct-17 07:55:05

Could you, for one day ask someone to take DD into school? Feign illness then get back under that duvet and snuggle

maddiemookins16mum Fri 13-Oct-17 07:55:14

I just don't get it. Get dressed.
Come home, have a nice bath, put on clean pyjamas (or similar) and then relax on the sofa all day.
Serves the same purpose.
Don't be that clarty mum that rocks up in pyjamas.

IHeartDodo Fri 13-Oct-17 07:57:17

I second the accident thing - I once went to the shop in my pj's with clothes over the top and got locked out!

Butterymuffin Fri 13-Oct-17 07:58:08

Dress for drop off. Make yourself a brew when you get back and change back into pjs. Slide back into bed. Easy.

midsummabreak Fri 13-Oct-17 08:02:18

I agree that its your choice - Who cares what others think. Now you are a semi- hardened PJ wearing school drop off Mum! Shock horror

dudsville Fri 13-Oct-17 08:02:43

No matter how comfortable it is to be in pj's, you'll be si aware of it while at that it spoils it a bit. Don't do that to innocent pj's.

Topseyt Fri 13-Oct-17 08:04:11

I wouldn't do it, and cringed if I ever saw it, although I would never have said anything.

I dislike spending days in bed though and would rather be up and dressed.

Totally your choice though.

GetOffTheTableMabel Fri 13-Oct-17 08:05:45

This is what tracksuit bottoms are for!

LovelyPrep Fri 13-Oct-17 08:09:33

Just no. You will forever be Pyjama Mum if you do.

MyrtleMaracas Fri 13-Oct-17 08:17:10

'you must be a bit of an amateur if you actually care what people think. Hardened pyjamas-as-clothes wearers don't give a shit.'

grin

In the great scheme of things it doesn't matter what you do. Ever, really.

But I still don't get whthe someone does this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now