Talk

Advanced search

To just be really irritated with everything?

(9 Posts)
SharkiraSharkira Fri 13-Oct-17 00:02:21

I actually know I'm BU but just need to vent! In the big scheme of things it's nothing terrible and they will pass but....

I'm off work for the next week due to an accident. As a result I am going to lose at least £200 out of my already meagre wages next month at a time when I really needed it to pay off my overdraft and start sorting Christmas presents. I won't be able to do either now. Also no fun at all for a whole month as I will only just be able to cover rent and bills.

Bored as fuck stuck at home all day, can't go out anywhere as I can't drive and everything is too far away to get to. In pain as a result of said accident and cranky because of it.

Stuff is piling up around the house that needs doing, all things that are not difficult just bloody awkward and painful now with this injury.

Aibu to just be pissed off!

RosiePosieRosie Fri 13-Oct-17 00:09:35

YANBU but...it could’ve been a lot worse, no?

RosiePosieRosie Fri 13-Oct-17 00:10:05

Try and count your blessings, even if there’s just one...

SharkiraSharkira Fri 13-Oct-17 00:16:05

I do have many blessings. Not least dp who drove me a 2hr round trip to the hospital today for my check up. I am grateful, I really am. Just so bloody frustrated that I can't do anything without pain at the moment. Not being able to leave the house really gives me cabin fever and embarrassingly takes its toll on my mental health after even a very short amount of time.

Am I actually really proud of dp at the moment, he's been working really hard on a project we planned to do together this week. Except I can't do anything to help him and it's something we were supposed to do together. Feel like shit because he's had to do all the work and I'm snappy and irritable.

RosiePosieRosie Fri 13-Oct-17 00:25:44

It’s ok not to be ok after an accident though. I broke a few fingers and had to work from home for three months. I understand.

But...it’ll be over before you know and you’ll be able to help. Much better to explain that you want to help but can’t than to take a whole head of negative energy on flowers

RosiePosieRosie Fri 13-Oct-17 00:26:29

A whole heap...dunno where head came
From xxx

RosiePosieRosie Fri 13-Oct-17 00:27:22

Try and go for walks

Argeles Fri 13-Oct-17 00:39:23

Is there anything you could sell, such as on EBay whilst you’re off work? Any money from the sales could go towards your Christmas present shopping for when you’ve recovered, and I’m sure your DP could post the items for you if you can’t get out easily - he sounds like a star.

Listen to music. If you have a garden or balcony but can’t access it at the moment, wrap up warm and sit by the open door if possible.

I wish you a very speedy recovery flowers

Aquamarine1029 Fri 13-Oct-17 01:20:38

You're not being unreasonable. Life can be a real bitch and we all need to vent sometimes. Things will turn around.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now