Talk

Advanced search

To use spaghetti as noodles?

(7 Posts)
HarrietKettleWasHere Thu 12-Oct-17 22:42:09

Ok- I apologise if this is common knowledge already and yes I'm very aware that it's a banal topic and I'm a sadact for being pleased grin

Got in late, didn't have dinner plans- all ingredients for stir fry but no noodles. Used spaghetti and just chopped it up a bit once in the wok. It came out like, well, perfect noodles blush

It was 20p Lidl spaghetti as well and I always make 4 portions of food for two of us so we have lunch leftovers so a damn sight cheaper too than the equivalent in noodles.

Anyone got any other hacks? My only other one that springs to mind is I have a bag in the freezer for all my peelings and veggie off-cuts and I boil it up when I've got enough to make a lovely stock.

TheRealGussieFinkNottle Thu 12-Oct-17 23:21:41

Mmm sounds yummy! I was going to do the same thing today actually - was coming down with a cold and fancied chicken noodle soup, so would've gone for spaghetti if I couldn't find any noodles at the supermarket.

Katescurios Thu 12-Oct-17 23:24:51

I do it the other way round and use those straight to wok noodles with dolmio and frozen mince when I need a quick easy 1 pan meal that feels like real food.

Ttbb Thu 12-Oct-17 23:27:18

Just no. I feel traumatised.

elephantoverthehill Thu 12-Oct-17 23:30:56

I am super knowledgeable on this subject. Ahem, the noodle was brought from China and became pasta in Italy. YNBU.

HarrietKettleWasHere Thu 12-Oct-17 23:34:35

Oh! Well I mean I did think the base ingredient couldn't be too dissimilar. Noodles are a bit more expensive curly though.

RavingRoo Fri 13-Oct-17 06:47:47

Noodles are thinner than Spaghetti - not sure I’d want the stodge of wheat spaghetti in my stir fry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now