Talk

Advanced search

why am i so weird

(28 Posts)
weirdoooploooo Thu 12-Oct-17 21:00:54

just got room service - held door open for guy, he offered to put it on table then had a brain fart and went over food letting door slam. who does that. I looked like I wanted to have my wicked way with him! whats wrong with me!!!!

Theconifers25 Thu 12-Oct-17 21:05:05

Eh?

kaytee87 Thu 12-Oct-17 21:06:09

Why on earth would it look like you wanted to have sex with him because you shut the door?

weirdoooploooo Thu 12-Oct-17 21:06:23

feel like I should have held door open!

Madreputa Thu 12-Oct-17 21:10:08

I don't understand this post. You did what when how?

ChasedByBees Thu 12-Oct-17 21:35:43

It's fine.

ohmywhatamisaying Thu 12-Oct-17 21:39:48

You sound well wacky

Mulch Thu 12-Oct-17 21:44:24

Think I've found someone who over thinks more than me

helpmefast Fri 13-Oct-17 15:06:34

Unless you walking towards him holding handcuffs and a whip grinning I'm pretty sure your fine

honeylulu Fri 13-Oct-17 15:51:08

What do you mean you "went over food"???
You imply some sort of sexual overture.
This reminds me of the thread where the OP said her partner got angry and wanked on her college homework. (Anyone remember that one?)

LagunaBubbles Fri 13-Oct-17 15:54:52

I have no idea what "went over food" means so have no idea what you are talking about and why this means he would think you wanted to shag him.

BenLui Fri 13-Oct-17 15:57:15

I think she means that she closed the door with the room service guy still in the room.

Which is embarrassing, but assuming you apologised isn’t worth too much angst.

FAkenameforthis Fri 13-Oct-17 15:57:31

I assume you mean “went over to the food” meaning you were both in the room with the door shut.

Just eat the food. It’s fine.

PuppyMonkey Fri 13-Oct-17 15:57:41

Say it again.

Eolian Fri 13-Oct-17 15:59:46

Letting the door shut wasn't weird. Thinking it was a weird thing to do is weird. grin

Dippingmytoesin Fri 13-Oct-17 16:06:00

It looks like you wanted sex because
You walked over to your food?

SaucyJack Fri 13-Oct-17 16:12:44

You'll have looked like a greedy fucker rather than a randy fucker, if anything.

RestingBitchFaced Fri 13-Oct-17 16:12:50

You had a brain fart? I don't understand your post, maybe you should re-read it

HemanOrSheRa Fri 13-Oct-17 16:16:27

I'm pretty sure that room service staff are robust individuals who have seen and dealt with fat worse than someone letting the hotel room door slam shut confused.

weirdoooploooo Fri 13-Oct-17 16:21:27

OK - I realise that much of the above prob didn't make sense. Apologies.

I held the door open for him as he came in, then panicked and thought this looks weird, I am just standing on ceremony as he puts my food on the table... So started walking over to the food, thus letting the door slam... Just felt awkward all round. What even is the etiquette in these situations?!

No, I didn't apologise, just walked over to the food! And started waxing lyrical about how good it looked.

FruBayerischOla Fri 13-Oct-17 16:23:10

I imagine the room door is designed to close shut without any human help? So it just shut whilst RoomServiceGuy was depositing the tray on the table/desk? I think you're overthinking this, OP.

"This reminds me of the thread where the OP said her partner got angry and wanked on her college homework. (Anyone remember that one?)" Yes, I do remember. It was hilarious, honeylulu .... assuming it was true ..... I don't think it was true though grin

PuppyMonkey Fri 13-Oct-17 16:33:34

So essentially, what happened was that you ordered room service, it arrived at the door and you opened it to let the guy bring it in and then you walked over to the food and said it looked nice. And the door slammed.

It's not the greatest anecdote I've ever heard. grin

chemenger Fri 13-Oct-17 19:20:24

Surely you had to sign for the food and possibly give a tip to the guy who brought it. Were you planning to do that while holding the door open? That would have been awkward, wouldn’t it?

Flarrot Fri 13-Oct-17 19:26:43

It's not the greatest anecdote I've ever heard grin

00100001 Sat 14-Oct-17 09:31:27

Would be a better story if the room service man had reacted in some way. Egypt Embrassment / started undressing

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now