Talk

Advanced search

to be overly invested in the possibility of seeing Blade Runner at my local cinema?

(14 Posts)
bigmouthstrikesagain Thu 12-Oct-17 20:43:35

I am going to see Blade Runner 2049 on Friday - that much is certain.

A very rare and precious night out with my dh - the last time we went out in the evening together was my birthday in June. Grandad the babysitter is booked and I have my Pizza Express vouchers burning a hole in my pocket for cheap eats pre film.

But I wanted to book tickets in advance and figured it would be nice to get the train into town to see the film rather than make dh drive. So I looked up the nearest nice cinema - which happens to be a Vue. I looked on Wednesday which according to the website - is when the listings for the week are refreshed. Blade Runner is being heavily promoted on the site - so fine, I thought I could book for Friday. Looked up Friday and there are only two films listed The latest Lego film and a Polish Language film. Nothing else which looks really odd. All the other Vues have at least 6 films showing at the Cinema each day. At this venue there were 6 films listed (including Blade Runner) showing on Thursday but from Friday it is only Botoks, Lego Ninjago and a couple of one off showings of Despicable Me?

So I am unable to book to see Blade Runner at the local Vue. I rang up and spoke to robot lady voice - no help, I emailed and ws sent a link to the booking page I had just used, I tweeted and was sent a link to the booking page again. I just want an explanation - yes we are only showing 2 films at this cinema over the weekend - what's it to you! Or - there are technical difficulties - sorry - turn up and the film will be showing. But instead Vue are tweeting all about Blade Runner and now it has just been promoted on my FB feed, it is featured heavily on their home page for the cinema but seems to have been withdrawn with all the other top grossing films from the actual venue after tonight! Argh.

Disclaimer we will go to the slightly shitty cinema in the slightly shitty other nearby town if we need to so I won't miss out - but I am still having a little foot stamp on-line - cos I can and I am irritated. Cheers

Purplerunner Thu 12-Oct-17 20:46:47

Have you tried refreshing the page? I've had same problem with cinema listings before, just showed the cached page.

bigmouthstrikesagain Thu 12-Oct-17 20:50:59

I have refreshed, shouted at it, tried from different devices, shouted at it again, tried every morning (since Wednesday, so this morning). It ain't making a difference. I think they are toying with me. wineconfusedwine

Purplerunner Thu 12-Oct-17 20:58:57

I'm stuck then too! Hope you get to see it, trailer looks good!

bigmouthstrikesagain Thu 12-Oct-17 21:00:11

Thanks Purple I will - about to watch the original in preparation - it does look ace.

ElleMcFearsome Thu 12-Oct-17 21:02:56

Just back from seeing this at our (tiny) local independent which costs a whole £2.50 per person. Just need to stop crying now - it blew me away. Hope you love it smile

bigmouthstrikesagain Thu 12-Oct-17 23:15:39

Original Blade Runner rewatched HAVE to see new one now!

RamblinRosie Fri 13-Oct-17 01:47:43

Hope you get to see it! Brilliant!

DottyBlue2 Fri 13-Oct-17 07:01:24

I saw it on Monday. Come back when you've seen it OP and we can discuss.

I'm a huge fan of Ryan Gosling now!

bigmouthstrikesagain Fri 13-Oct-17 14:12:11

I will dotty - getting excited now, finishing work early and leaving the kids with grandad so we can get a teatime showing at some cinema yet to be decided...

Foslady Fri 13-Oct-17 14:31:03

Brilliant film - you’ll love it!

bigmouthstrikesagain Fri 13-Oct-17 23:39:51

wow

bigmouthstrikesagain Fri 13-Oct-17 23:40:17

And they mentioned the owl!

DottyBlue2 Sun 15-Oct-17 21:42:56

Very sad though sad

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: