Talk

Advanced search

In wanting this unseasonably warm weather to do one...

(49 Posts)
Stickaforkinimdone Thu 12-Oct-17 14:12:11

Caveat; this is lighthearted

It's just annoying weather isn't it? I mean what do you wear when it's 17degrees? Too warm for a coat but by the end of the day you might just need a coat

On Sunday it's going to be 22C. TWENTY TWO DEGREES IN THE MIDDLE OF BASTARDING OCTOBER

I'm sorry but it's not on; I've got a newborn and my lovely snuggly parka that I want to be able to wear with him in the sling and go for lovely cool walks in the park without sweating like a mofo. I love autumn but it must cool down

tangerino Thu 12-Oct-17 14:13:08

I’m with you.

TheQueenOfWands Thu 12-Oct-17 14:13:47

Where are you? I'm shivering.

If I could be arsed I'd get up for a hot water bottle.

PickAChew Thu 12-Oct-17 14:16:36

Move up North. I'm feeling distinctly chilly around the extremities, right now.

deepestdarkestperu Thu 12-Oct-17 14:23:26

I’m with you.

It was freezing here on Tuesday and now it’s at least 10 degrees warmer. I’ve just put all my spring/summer stuff to the back of the wardrobe as well!

Titsywoo Thu 12-Oct-17 14:25:30

Normally I'd agree with you because I love autumn weather. However we currently have no heating due to building work and it's bloody freezing in the house so I'll gladly take a few days of sunshine!

Cantspell2 Thu 12-Oct-17 14:26:42

Cold weather means putting the heating on.
Putting the heating on means larger bills to pay.
So no I would much rather it remained mild to warm for as long as possible.

Topseyt Thu 12-Oct-17 14:27:02

It is all arse about tit really, isn't it! Warmer than some of the days we had in the so-called summer this year.

I think it is called an Indian summer, and could be all too short lived.

whatwillhappen2 Thu 12-Oct-17 14:35:35

I'm with you. I thought it was just me passing out due to the sodding perimenopause. I hate it. Got on the tube today and they had they bloody heating on. I thought I was going to pass out.

scrabble1 Thu 12-Oct-17 14:38:17

I'm with you OP. Just started with tonsillitis and wanted to snuggle in warm house this weekend. Instead will have to be an active weekend taking DS out to park etc whilst feeling poorly

MissConductUS Thu 12-Oct-17 14:38:38

It's been unusually warm on the US east coast too, so you must be getting it from us via the jet stream. We've been running the central air conditioning with temps around 27 here recently.

mamamalt Thu 12-Oct-17 14:46:46

So with you. What happened to crisp bloody autumnal days?!? They come in January now. We all sweat through Christmas in our fancy jumpers. I may have to move somewhere colder.
God damn global warming

Delatron Thu 12-Oct-17 14:51:07

Agree, a Spanish plume would have been far more welcome in August when it's actually supposed to be warm. It's wasted now when it's dark early and nights/mornings are chilly.

I'm sick of wearing pumps as its too warm for boots.

Don't get me wrong I love warm weather but it's too little too late. I bet we get another 14 degrees on Christmas Day affair too. I want proper seasons!

PointlessUsername Thu 12-Oct-17 14:54:18

Last few years dc have'nt needed a coat on halloween whilst trick or treating.

I remember being real cold and seeing steam from my breath when i was small on halloween.

ForalltheSaints Thu 12-Oct-17 14:54:43

UKIP probably are still climate change deniers.

I am happy with the warm weather.

TobleroneBoo Thu 12-Oct-17 14:55:45

Totally agree, I'm London / Essex and absolutely sweating in my black
Tights

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Thu 12-Oct-17 14:56:08

I'm not out of sandals yet, I love this weathergrin

20lbsToLose Thu 12-Oct-17 14:57:00

I was expecting a post on global warming

Ecureuil Thu 12-Oct-17 14:58:42

Agreed!

Stickaforkinimdone Thu 12-Oct-17 15:09:46

Also in London too! Bloody BAKING

ujerneyson Thu 12-Oct-17 15:12:56

I'm so happy. I have thought to myself about 10 times today about how happy I am that it's warm again. Apart from a couple of weeks in August it has been relatively nice here since mid May. 😊😊😊😊

LoniceraJaponica Thu 12-Oct-17 15:13:18

What unseasonable warm weather?

We don't all live in London hmm

TriJo Thu 12-Oct-17 15:16:39

YABU, the longer I can go without freezing my arse off the better. 20 ish is very comfortable.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Thu 12-Oct-17 15:19:16

What unseasonable warm weather?

*We don't all live in London*hmm

What makes you think people live in London, I don't. I have all the doors open, sandals on and am just about to take a cuppa into the gardensmile

YesItsMeIDontCare Thu 12-Oct-17 15:19:50

22 degrees and the Xmas decorations are in the shops.... confused.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now