Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To find this laughable

(21 Posts)
cailisto Thu 12-Oct-17 14:07:18

A friend of mine is a massive MLM bot.
I’d got used to her, quite frankly, annoying as hell posts about Forever but now she’s moved onto a new MLM.

This involves a lot of -

‘Oh my god, my inbox is on fire’
‘I’ve made (insert a not particularly amazing amount) whilst having breakfast with my children- inbox me to find out more’.

Seriously - shut up! You’re not a business owner, you’re part of a very tiered company. You’re not a business coach.

It’s infuriating!!!!

tangerino Thu 12-Oct-17 14:10:11

What is MLM?

User1457 Thu 12-Oct-17 14:11:41

MLM?

Maudlinmaud Thu 12-Oct-17 14:11:51

She's in too deep. Once they start jumping ship from one mlm to the next it's game over.

User1457 Thu 12-Oct-17 14:12:16

Is this someone who sells Herbalife or something?

thismeansnothing Thu 12-Oct-17 14:26:11

Oh I do love a mlm (multi level marketing) aka pyramid seller thread

Cakebaby123 Thu 12-Oct-17 14:35:19

Fake it til you make it.. But you never do make it with that rubbish. So cringe confused

cailisto Thu 12-Oct-17 14:52:08

Don’t know what the new thing is. It’s all hush hush ‘inbox me to find out more’ bollocks.
She’s going on about a FREE event she can go to that’s AMAAAAAZING!

It’s not free. They have to sign up to a site that costs them £400 a year. That bit, I know, as I googled the event.

I just want to shake her!

mrsRosaPimento Thu 12-Oct-17 14:55:58

Inbox on fire sounds like code for an sti.

cailisto Thu 12-Oct-17 14:59:48

Ha ha!!!!! I should offer to get her Canesten!

RebootYourEngine Thu 12-Oct-17 16:48:30

I am amazed that there are still people who dont know what mlm is and who dont know that its all one big scam.

granny24 Thu 12-Oct-17 16:53:20

Mrs Rosapimento Brilliant, just brilliant👑

KityGlitr Thu 12-Oct-17 16:56:13

OP you would love Elle Beau's anti MLM blog.

wasonthelist Thu 12-Oct-17 16:57:58

MLM= Multi level marketing - the rebranded version of pyramid selling - a kind of sanitised en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ponzi_scheme

Pyramid selling is illegal hence these schemes which skirt around the law.

charliebear78 Thu 12-Oct-17 17:00:44

It seems every day One or more of my FB friends are shouting from their laptops how wonderful this or the other is!
Some have even sent me messages asking if I would like to make lots of extra money for Xmas
I just can't see how it works but surely it must for some if all their posts are to be believed?

Soubriquet Thu 12-Oct-17 17:03:36

Whenever you mention pyramid scheme, MLM and scam the bots always gang up together with

"Oh silly you. Pyramid schemes are illegal don't you know? So obviously can't be that"

Twats

I've got fucking 3 of them on my fb....constant #mumlife #younique #earningwhilstplaying #Lovemykids

hmm

PinkyBlunder Thu 12-Oct-17 17:05:06

I find these people so offensive. I actually own a small business that I've built from scratch. It's hard, bone breaking work that has been the cause of many sleepless nights and panic attacks. If it's successful it's because I've made huge sacrifices and worked myself silly to make it successful. These people are so full of shit and quite frankly lazy, gullible bitches.

PinkyBlunder Thu 12-Oct-17 17:07:44

No charliebear78 they are actually lying to you! The majority of those people you've encountered won't have earned a penny

Opheliasgoldenwine Thu 12-Oct-17 17:08:36

I do feel sorry for these women though.

cailisto Thu 12-Oct-17 20:25:11

Part of me feels sorry for them, but most of me finds it fucking annoying and just stupid.

They’re not business owners but they bang on and on about being one. Being a true business owner is far more complex than what they’re doing - they really don’t have a clue.

I find the whole ‘I’m soooo lucky to be able to stay home and be with my children whilst working for this MLM’ insulting and unbelievable. I doubt they’ll earn enough from peddling some crappy shit to others to have a decent income (once they’d paid back their own investment from having to buy the products in the first place).
I’ve had quite a few ‘haven’t you ever wanted to give up work’ or ‘wouldn’t you rather be at home’ type of messages. Rude. Just very bloody rude!!!!

cailisto Thu 12-Oct-17 20:26:56

I’m so tempted to hashtag my every move on FB to make a point.

#working mum
#not full of shit
# earning a living without harassing people
# life is great
# my inbox isn’t on fire - thank god!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now