Talk

Advanced search

To eat my own birthday cake?

(12 Posts)
Antoniacaenis Thu 12-Oct-17 14:05:00

Before DH gets home? So, today is my birthday and so far it's not been brilliant. My planned treat day out with the kids has ended in coordinated toddler tantrums and we've come home early. DS is napping and DD is now clamouring for CBeebies.

My sticky toffee birthday cake is sitting on the counter looking very tempting indeed ( especially since I didn't get a chance for a coffee and a cake at a cafe as I needed to bring the DCs home.) WIBU to have a slice with my cup of tea? Or do I need to wait for candles, "happy birthday" and DH?

Thebookswereherfriends Thu 12-Oct-17 14:10:25

Will he be bothered if you do? If you think he'd understand that you had need for cake then go for it.

Antoniacaenis Thu 12-Oct-17 14:19:48

Hmm, yes probably. He gets grumpy about me nibbling crap when I'm at home all day ( as I'm trying to loose weight for health reasons) - mind you that's why there isn't anything else in the house for nibbling on.

Antoniacaenis Thu 12-Oct-17 14:20:53

Oh dear, just took the lid off to take the photo and it smells lovely!

DianaPrincessOfThemyscira Thu 12-Oct-17 14:22:33

I'd send him a phot with a candle in it and say you couldn't resist.

It's your birthday. He'd be really churlish to have a go at you for 'not being healthy' on the day you're allowed and encouraged to have cake!

Hufflepuff719 Thu 12-Oct-17 14:23:00

Wait for DH and family to sing to you later.

What is a birthday without being sang to? And it should cheer you up later.

Do you have any biscuits/other treats that you can eat instead?

Happy birthday btw OPflowers

Hufflepuff719 Thu 12-Oct-17 14:23:47

Ohhh just read that you don't have anything else to eat.

I still would wait though...

BulletFox Thu 12-Oct-17 14:23:56

Cake looks gorgeous grin

Have a slice and happy birthday cake

pistonpower Thu 12-Oct-17 14:34:53

Have a big slice through the middle, then put the two halves back together? smile cake

Antoniacaenis Thu 12-Oct-17 14:38:24

Aahpiston Its already been cut... still me and DD have had a candle and "happy birthday" and I think it's far better that the DCs eat it now rather than just before bed when DH gets home. It was YUM!

Horses4 Thu 12-Oct-17 14:42:01

Happy Birthday to you! Mine was yesterday and similarly crap and tantrum filled. I bought a birthday cake to try and mollify the wee people, but it didn't work. So I went on birthday strike and we will attempt a cheerier evening tonight! cakegrin

Antoniacaenis Thu 12-Oct-17 14:44:53

Thank you and happy birthday to you horses good luck for tonight!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now