Talk

Advanced search

Is it me, or does this sound like something out of a sleazier version of 50 Shades?

(12 Posts)
Nennypops Thu 12-Oct-17 13:30:08

From a generic email received from some mob which claims to be "the leading transformational network for the female entrepreneur":

What are you doing at 1pm today?
Would you love to know more about how diving into Pleasure, Surrender, and Desire can serve you as a woman, and as a leader in the times we're living in right now?
How learning about the power of Expression, Receiving and Radiance can be the secret ingredients to create the life you've always wanted?
Intrigued? Want to know more?
Then join me at 1pm and get ready to welcome a whole load more pleasure into your life!
You can register and get all the details here...
I can't wait to see you...it's going to get hot hot hot!
With love and excitement
xx

QueenofallIsee Thu 12-Oct-17 13:31:56

Well, if it is NOT expounding the BDSM lifestyle then they need to sort their marketing out sharpish!

What the feck!

HirplesWithHaggis Thu 12-Oct-17 13:35:23

MLM? Of chocolate, or similar?

QueenofallIsee Thu 12-Oct-17 13:42:12

Ooh hang on, MLM sounds right! Those could be the wanky names of candles or eyeshadow!

geekone Thu 12-Oct-17 13:44:07

Anne summers career day confusedgrin

Ceto Thu 12-Oct-17 13:46:27

I've had an FB post from this lot, they're called Damsels in Success. It's fair to say that the person who posted it is well into MLM, but I don't know whether this is another version.

HirplesWithHaggis Thu 12-Oct-17 14:49:19

damselsinsuccess.co.uk/about-us/

"The DIS membership investment pays for itself a hundred times over – as people’s businesses flourish financially – prices go up, clients turn up, and as our self-esteem soars so do our bank balances."

Strangely, it doesn't say how much you pay for membership. You're invited to register for a call back for full details. But as there's a banner ad offering £150 off I'm guessing it's not cheap.

Areyoufree Thu 12-Oct-17 15:12:06

That website is amazing! So many words - so little information regarding what it is actually about.

SeaWitchly Thu 12-Oct-17 15:19:56

Damsels in Success membership is an investment of just £650 + VAT/year

Founder Lucie's partner is a NLP practitioner/life coach and the pair of them have set themselves up as MLM style motivational speakers.

I went to one of the partner's 'free' lectures which was basically an opportunity to sell his 'you're great you are' style guff masquerading as life coach business advice.. and repeatedly tell us all how much both he and Lucy were making from their business ventures with a bit of self belief and magical thinking [and you could too if you care enough about your future career to buy into the 'dream'].
It was a complete crock of shite basically but perhaps some people find it useful I don't know. I was considering studying to be a life coach at the time and it was one of the things which put me off the whole venture.

MadForlt Thu 12-Oct-17 15:25:44

Aww I'm sad. There's no group local to me.

Guess I'm just have to pass...

GrimDamnFanjo Thu 12-Oct-17 15:29:29

Damsels is a business group with local networks. I have a friend who was a member for a while.

Ceto Thu 12-Oct-17 17:41:06

SeaWitchly, did they tell you how to dive into pleasure, surrender and desire? Did you get hot hot hot?

The sad thing is that I've just seen a post from the person who forwarded this, referring to financial problems. Clearly neither Damsels in Success nor JuicePlus solved those for her, in fact if anything I strongly suspect they exacerbated them. She's perfectly competent within her own field, and would have done much better to concentrate on that.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: