Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Cat poo on door step

(24 Posts)
Misspollyhadadollie Thu 12-Oct-17 10:01:34

The other day I came home to find a runny poo on my door step, I wasn't very pleased but assumed it was a one off anyway I've came home today and there was another poo on my door step. Hard this time. Clearly a cat. What can I do about this? I get cats pooing in gardens but door step is taking the p surely?

confusedlittleone Thu 12-Oct-17 10:23:32

I don't think cats understand the polite place to use the bathroom.. apparently spraying citrus repels cats

Misspollyhadadollie Thu 12-Oct-17 10:29:52

I thought they didn't use concrete? Could be wrong though.

bottlesandcans Thu 12-Oct-17 10:31:26

sonar cat repellent- if the local cat lovers don't like it they can keep their anti social beasts inside.

GlitteryFluff Thu 12-Oct-17 10:47:55

I have this a few times a week.
In the summer I would step out front door in sandals and accidentally step in some that would squish all up my foot. envy < not envy.
It's infuriating. I don't suppose there is much anyone can do. I just end up out there with boiling water and disinfectant after the school run. It's so grim.

Pickleypickles Thu 12-Oct-17 10:50:05

Try vinegar, it stopped them pooing on the bark chippings at the bottom of my garden.

AnyFarrahFowler Thu 12-Oct-17 11:16:23

I didn't think they pooed on concrete either but our neighbours cats started pooing on our drive. We bought 2 of those sonar repellents from Amazon. I resented having to spend money on them when it's someone else's bloody cat, but I have a toddler and I'm pregnant and didn't want their shit on our shoes/pram wheels/anywhere near us.
Horrid things.

slbhill42 Thu 12-Oct-17 11:20:11

problem is once one has done it on your step, others will smell it and think that's just the perfect place. There are things you can get to obliterate the small and then hopefully they won't do it again.

Yecartmannew Thu 12-Oct-17 11:39:29

sprinkle pepper all over the doorstep. Animals always sniff before they poo, the pepper will dissuade them.

BathshebaAndGabriel Thu 12-Oct-17 11:43:23

Are you sure it's not fox poo?
Poo is poo though, innit.

FatBastardHead Thu 12-Oct-17 11:52:35

We used to have this in our backyard, which is all concrete. I chopped up a load of lemons and scattered them around. As PP have said, I really resented spending money on this (they're only about 50p each but still) but it did the trick.

KindergartenKop Thu 12-Oct-17 11:54:49

Cats love to bury it, maybe it's a fox?

Aquamarine1029 Thu 12-Oct-17 11:56:10

Try a anti-cat citrus spray.

ohhereweareagain Thu 12-Oct-17 12:50:27

sounds like fox poo to me

FooFighter99 Thu 12-Oct-17 12:53:10

We have 4 cats, and one of them (I have my suspicions which one!) kept pooing in our extension, so I sprinkled white pepper on the carpet and it hasn't happened since!

Strong smells, like vinegar or pepper will stop whoever it is from pooing on your step

Good luck smile

JonSnowsWife Thu 12-Oct-17 12:53:10

cats love to bury it

That's a myth.

I like cats. But I don't like twatcat. When they're not spraying all over my Children's trampoline netting they are pooing wherever they want in our garden, and twatcat has never had the decency to bury it.

Dontspeaktome Thu 12-Oct-17 12:54:28

LOL you wasn't very pleased I'm sure most people would not be 😂

Misspollyhadadollie Thu 12-Oct-17 12:54:50

I'm not sure. There's a cat who I suspect it is as it's always hanging around near my house and has ripped open my bins a few times.

FatBastardHead Thu 12-Oct-17 12:56:27

A friend of mine caught her neighbour's cat in the act a few times so she was sure it was their cat. She scooped up the poo in a doggy poo bag and posted it through their letterbox shock

Scaredparent Thu 12-Oct-17 12:56:41

Cats are vile things

Fell out with the neighbors over there cat messing all over my garden and popping the paddling pool

bluebump Thu 12-Oct-17 13:01:30

I find jeyes fluid works well as I'm assuming they don't like the smell. Need to do my garden again soon as a friends dog ran out in my garden and rolled in some cat poo the other day, yuk.

PsychologicalSaline Thu 12-Oct-17 13:33:01

Our neighbour's cat did this on a couple of occasions. I came home late one night and startled it up from sitting on our step. The poo was evident and the culprit clearly obvious but our neighbours were less than impressed when I asked them to clean our doormat. Perhaps I was being a CF in asking for it to be cleaned? Who knows? They were miserable people (who quite often shut the cat out) and I was glad to move in the end!

lozzylizzy Thu 12-Oct-17 13:37:10

I came home to a mini poo emoji on my door step a couple of weeks ago. The kids were baffled/almost excited and told everyone!

My sister had a dog that used to poo on the top of her solar lights stuck in her garden!

Ethereall Thu 12-Oct-17 14:23:51

I've had this several times but once I removed the doormat it stops.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now