Talk

Advanced search

To think this will get better on its own?

(8 Posts)
GirlOnATrainToShite Wed 11-Oct-17 23:02:44

Sat night I had full hands and kicked a door open with my foot thinking it was "to" rather than shut. Turns out it wasn't.

It's badly bruised all over the foot and all across and in between my toes is black and now today it's hurting to stand up for long periods without putting weight on it.

I have Googled and even if I have broken a toe the advice is to strap together and wait for it to get better. My only concern is it seems to be getting worse pain wise (standing and not raised).

OH nagging me to go to the GP but tbh it is such a massive faff to get an appt and will involve sitting at the surgery for 3 hours and a morning off work.

I realise no one here can take serious reliable medical advice but what does this sound like to others? Cross my fingers and hope it improves?

ownedbySWD Wed 11-Oct-17 23:05:16

I've broken a toe more than once; it's always just the toe that gets swollen and bruised, not the whole foot. Sounds pretty bad, op! I'd get it seen.

Aquamarine1029 Wed 11-Oct-17 23:05:50

Come on now. It's time to act like a grown up and get it checked. Yes, if it's just a broken toe not much can be done, but you might have fractured bones within your foot, and that needs to be checked on.

GirlOnATrainToShite Wed 11-Oct-17 23:07:34

Aqua are you my OH?! grin

It doesn't "feel" broken as in there is no sharp pain when I move it's just throbbing when I stand which goes once I put it up.

LEMtheoriginal Wed 11-Oct-17 23:09:36

They can at the very least get you some decent pal relief. Our local minor injuries has x-ray . Go first thing in the morning and you'd be seen quickly.

Needadvicetoleave Wed 11-Oct-17 23:12:15

Did go to minor injuries or a &e depending on the set up near you. GP will be useless as you'll need an X ray.

GirlOnATrainToShite Wed 11-Oct-17 23:13:04

Can I just turn up there and ask for an X-ray?

Mittens1969 Wed 11-Oct-17 23:28:14

Yes you can, OP, but you need to be prepared to wait to be seen. But they are good when your turn comes; I’ve had ankle injuries and I’ve always been satisfied with the actual care I’ve received.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now