Talk

Advanced search

Beauty bloggers and constant adverts?

(13 Posts)
Bluerosethorns Wed 11-Oct-17 18:32:17

E.g. Ruth Crilly (model rec) and paid for adverts - like the gluten free pizza base one recently... and the captions underneath paid for posts instructing readers to 'clickety click' the 'linkety link' how do people feel about these paid for adverts on blogs?

ShirleyPhallus Wed 11-Oct-17 18:33:42

Are you writing an article or something?

If you don't like it, don't click on it. I couldn't give a toss if someone is paid to advertise or not

TooCoolForScool Wed 11-Oct-17 18:36:54

Well, Mumsnet themselves use affiliate linking so how do you feel about that? You're free to open up. Tab on other page if you want to purchase the product and buy it that way

Providing something is marked as an ad or as sponsored or whatever then what's the problem? There is no misleading

DontWannaBeObamasElf Wed 11-Oct-17 18:42:24

If I could get paid for saying "I like this product" I'd be pretty happy grin

FakePlasticTeaLeaves Wed 11-Oct-17 18:47:03

How do YOU feel OP?

Bluerosethorns Wed 11-Oct-17 18:52:05

I'm not sure, it definitely doesn't make me clickety click the link like a good girl though

araiwa Wed 11-Oct-17 18:52:23

Its the whole point of these blogs confused

Also- adblocker or similar

Bluerosethorns Wed 11-Oct-17 18:53:35

Do people believe that she is a big fan of the gluten free pizza base thing? Because it looks rank to me. I wonder how much schwartz paid for the advert. I don't see Caroline Hirons or other bloggers i like e.g. Madeleine shaw doing posts like that.

TooCoolForScool Wed 11-Oct-17 18:54:02

Then don't click the link then. Be a rebel and open up a new page. If someone isn't declaring an ad then that's different. But that's not your issue is it? Oh and don't purchase anything via MN will you?

Bluerosethorns Wed 11-Oct-17 18:54:47

@araiwa yeah i suppose. Other ways of making revenue from them though i think that don't involve paid for random food things. At least i see plenty of other bloggers who don't do that and aren't so involved in ads.

TooCoolForScool Wed 11-Oct-17 18:56:48

She's just earning money that's all. And declaring it's a paid for ad. The pizza bases do look grim though smile

Bluerosethorns Wed 11-Oct-17 18:59:38

@tooschool they really do, probably sad but i resent someone thinking a reader is that thick that a cute video and a glowing review is goingb to make people buy that shit. That's the end of me and mod rec - no trust left 😂But as pp says a lot of readers know and are fine with this so i'm sure it doesn't matter anyway!

FakePlasticTeaLeaves Wed 11-Oct-17 19:10:25

No, I think most people know bloggers don't like half the stuff they advertise, they are just getting paid.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now