Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

deferring masters (posting for traffic)

(8 Posts)
1997r2017 Wed 11-Oct-17 18:29:53

Basically i'm doing my BSc in biology and afterwards i want to do Physician Associate studies MSc, is it possible to differ the MSc to have a child, so have the child (hopefully) in the sept/oct/nov after my BSc ends, and then take a year out before beginning the MSc, I'm saying this as i currently have a 1y/o daughter and would like to complete my family without too much of an age gap. I have good childcare and can afford it so thats not an issue, I'm just wondering is it possible to defer masters degrees.

Leamington99 Wed 11-Oct-17 18:37:25

Surely the people to advise you best would be your university? Policy differs between each institution

JustKeepDancing Wed 11-Oct-17 18:48:09

I agree - speak to a couple of unis as they will all have different policies, but unless you are on a 3+1 course surely you'd just apply a year later like you would with a normal MSc?

TheIncredibleBookEatingManchot Wed 11-Oct-17 18:49:32

Have you already been offered a place on an MSc for next year?

If not surely you can just wait a year before applying?

But I agree with Leamington, you need to talk to the uni you intend to study with to get a real answer to your question.

mollifly Wed 11-Oct-17 18:53:27

There's normally something called 'interrupting' which basically just led a pause on your studies for a minimum of one year and a maximum of two years however you are technically still a student whilst you do this therefore I would advise seeking advise on entitlement of benefits etc.

KalaLaka Wed 11-Oct-17 18:56:51

Quite normal to have a break of any size between bachelors and masters. Mine was about 12 years smile

Scholes34 Wed 11-Oct-17 18:58:52

Even if it's a 3+1, maternity leave is non-medical intermission.

mollifly Wed 11-Oct-17 20:56:30

Sorrybprgnsncy is not, it's a reason to apply for extenuating circumstances but isn't necessarily guaranteed to be accepted. You've got to go on the premise that it's not going to be accepted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now